Last Oasis and Starbase

Luna Corp planned to give a laundry list of challenges that we've had managing a community and the difficulties we had without having the typical tools to assist with that management. I figured it would be more useful to open a discussion here about those challenges and learn from more experiences. I understand there are going to be scenarios in Starbase that are working as intended for the commandeering of ships and sabatoge, and it's going to be exhausting.

One of the worst offenders I've been hearing is the ability of clan members promoted one rank in the game having the ability to almost every members in the clan. Not only that, this initial level allows them to promote others to this level as well. I've learned of multiple clans that have been insided, invited others in, and then promoted their friends. The game allows you to protect assets off the map, but these lowest level officers can bring these assets back into the fray. The infiltrators will bring the assets onto the map for their clan to detroy, then kick all of the rival clan members and then kill their players for the remaining items the clan has after they've lost all of their assets.

Hopefully this culture won't come into Starbase, but having permission levels set properly will at least protect somewhat against this nightmare.

The game also has some asset sharing challenges where a person's items can be locked to the clan if they don't have officer permissions to access their items. So, these members can't easily play the game without risking the entire community.

Obviously server stability has been a big issue as well, but all these challenges combined make each feel worse.

What are some of the experiences that everyone else has had with Last Oasis that they may be concerned will happen in Starbase?

Luna Corp planned to give a laundry list of challenges that we've had managing a community and the difficulties we had without having the typical tools to assist with that management. I figured it would be more useful to open a discussion here about those challenges and learn from more experiences. I understand there are going to be scenarios in Starbase that are working as intended for the commandeering of ships and sabatoge, and it's going to be exhausting.

One of the worst offenders I've been hearing is the ability of clan members promoted one rank in the game having the ability to almost every members in the clan. Not only that, this initial level allows them to promote others to this level as well. I've learned of multiple clans that have been insided, invited others in, and then promoted their friends. The game allows you to protect assets off the map, but these lowest level officers can bring these assets back into the fray. The infiltrators will bring the assets onto the map for their clan to detroy, then kick all of the rival clan members and then kill their players for the remaining items the clan has after they've lost all of their assets.

Hopefully this culture won't come into Starbase, but having permission levels set properly will at least protect somewhat against this nightmare.

The game also has some asset sharing challenges where a person's items can be locked to the clan if they don't have officer permissions to access their items. So, these members can't easily play the game without risking the entire community.

Obviously server stability has been a big issue as well, but all these challenges combined make each feel worse.

What are some of the experiences that everyone else has had with Last Oasis that they may be concerned will happen in Starbase?
Starbase have complex faction system, where you can set all the permissions.
Last oasis have very simple clan system, where you can't do anything. You can allow or disallow for something for everyone. Here you can give permissions to specific groups or ranks.

Agree. Although achieving wild schemes is also one of the competitive gameplays, I think this kind of gameplay with persecution does not benefit the game, especially when players easily confuses the rivalry in-game with real-world hatred.