Made my first ship. It flies, in backflips only. Please help.

So I followed a youtube vid to to walk through my first ship. Made some differences but functionally followed the guide.

I ended up with this so far.

It's at the point where it's flyable. Pitch/roll/yaw are working as expected if I only press those keys. However when I use FWD all maneuver thrusters + the big 4 thrusters all fire at once and the ship only goes in backflips. Everything is bolted no durability issues. Everything has power and fuel. I used the naming key to name all thrusters. Fwd lever is named FcuForward to match the computer..

Any ideas? If you need additional info just let me know.

Idk exactly, since i only got the picture, but maybe you have the mfc and the fcu the wrong way around.
Not sure tho... Only other thing would be that the center of mass is probably not in the center, but that shouldnt be a problem.

Thank you for the reply. As far as I know the FCU is correct, arrows facing front. I'm not sure how the MFC is supposed to be orientated so maybe that's an issue. Here is an image of that.

shipcomputer.png

edit- I also did experiment with center of mass by moving my engines up toward the middle, matching my center of thrust with it. It doesn't seem to be anything like that. When I exit my ship in flight I can see the issue is that every single thruster fires when I use FWD. If I'm just still, pitch/roll/yaw all fire correctly.

Last edited:
I don’t see any batteries in your ship. That is almost certainly the problem. Without them, your thrusters won’t have enough power to work properly until the generator gets up and running. I made the same mistake a few days ago.

I don’t see any batteries in your ship. That is almost certainly the problem. Without them, your thrusters won’t have enough power to work properly until the generator gets up and running. I made the same mistake a few days ago.
I was just coming here to report that I solved it yesterday and here you are with just how I did that. lol :D ty for the reply.

It took all day yesterday and 3 more rebuilds before I happened to put a battery on just for the heck of it.. Nothing I read or watched said I needed a battery lol.