Magentar - Test drive seems a bit buggy?

Bracaster

Active endo
Hello. I'm a fan of the Aphelios and have raised the mats and creds to buy its upgrade the Magentar. I really like its small forward fingerprint and large cargo, 6 mining lasers. only problem is the test drive seems a bit buggy. ISAN is showing loss signal, the pilot seat ejects you outside and the throttle seems to be locked in turtle mode with no obvious switch it seems. If this is the intended speed i would be very surprised. Additionally the reverse thrusters become stuck on very easily in demo. I would be disappointed if it performs this way after purchase. Any info is greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Amos.37

Veteran endo
I haven't tested this ship, but a lot of the shop ships are currently bugged, usually due to them being built during the CA and updates since them making features no longer work as intended.
ISAN, for example, has had significant changes to it's coding to make it work better in the EA launch compared to CA.
All I can really suggest is to check the patch notes. They usually have a list of ships that have been fixed with every few patch notes.

Bracaster

Active endo
see it has an incremental throttle, but still excessively slow. Have decided that the Buffalo is a better fit, albeit a bit more expensive. :)

Bracaster

Active endo
I haven't tested this ship, but a lot of the shop ships are currently bugged, usually due to them being built during the CA and updates since them making features no longer work as intended.
ISAN, for example, has had significant changes to it's coding to make it work better in the EA launch compared to CA.
All I can really suggest is to check the patch notes. They usually have a list of ships that have been fixed with every few patch notes.
ah. much Thx Amos. you posted reply just ahead of me i think. yes i'll maybe revisit this ship and will check on the notes. good advice. thx.

lol Wait a second! it says you posted your response "tomorrow" and somehow i repied. i guess i better come back in 24 hours. :p lol

Amos.37

Veteran endo
ah. much Thx Amos. you posted reply just ahead of me i think. yes i'll maybe revisit this ship and will check on the notes. good advice. thx.

lol Wait a second! it says you posted your response "tomorrow" and somehow i repied. i guess i better come back in 24 hours. :p lol
Time Travel!

I am using this ship and the only problem I have is the ore collector power keeps jumping all over the place. I think there is a YOLOL script affecting a variable POWER which is also in ore colllector as well as somewhere in the ship. Like a governor its throttling the power to the collector. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Bracaster

Active endo
I am using this ship and the only problem I have is the ore collector power keeps jumping all over the place. I think there is a YOLOL script affecting a variable POWER which is also in ore colllector as well as somewhere in the ship. Like a governor its throttling the power to the collector. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
I had a situation similar where the collector i added to the aphelios was doing similar. would only go from .01 or so to 1-3 on the power field when running. i ended up discovering that the aphelios comes from the store with the Fuel Rod Chamber using "Power" as the second field that is FuelChamberUnitRate by default. i never found any other reference to "power" in yolol or anywhere else, so i deleted and put back to default that appeared to affect nothing negatively (displays panel or other) . I think that is what was related to my issues anyway. Not sure that i ever solved it though. hope this maybe helps a bit Rayspace. ;)

Tealc

Endokid
Thankyou Bracaster!!! I too have a Aphelios and I could not for the life of me work out why my Collector was so lazy, now I know.