MFC and FCU show FcuMfcIO1 as 0

I'm in the process of designing my first ship with the ship designer. I got to the part where it should be flyable and I can't get any of the thrusters to move. I think the problem is with the MFC and FCU not talking to each other. The FcuMfcIO1 value stays at 0 when I enter test mode instead of being assigned a number. I've read other post about replace the MFC and FCU and I tried that several times with no luck.

Tips I found online that I already checked.
  • Propellant tank is connect
  • All Thrusters are connected with Pipe and Cable (I checked and can see the network in the "U" menu)
  • Added several batteries
  • Generators are working
  • Tested I do have power using a lamp
  • Thrusters are all named using the thruster naming tool. I check each one just to be sure.
  • I don't have any triangle thrusters linked facing opposite directions.
  • FCU shows levers are working
  • MFC has values for all thrusters
I've been troubleshooting this problem for a few hours and haven't had any luck yet.

Turns out my problem was my hardpoints were not directly bolted to the fame. Once I found out that was a requirement I was able to get everything working.

Agonarch

Active endo
It isn't a requirement, per-se, it's just much easier to get structurally strong enough that way.

No, I'm pretty sure its a requirement. None of the thrusts work unless I bolt the hardpoint to the frame. I've come across this a few times now. Every time I have a thrusters that is not working but is connected with pipes and cable it starts working after I connect the hardoint to the frame with bolts.

Agonarch

Active endo
I've made box engines with hardpoints attached to other box engines in an array, I can tell you certainly that for the moment, at least, it's not a requirement.

Sounds to me like a misunderstanding of ones meaning. I have been in a few scenarios where the hardpoint was not communicating with the system when it wasn't bolted to the frame. if I bolted it to something that was bolted to the frame, it worked. Think you guys are saying the same thing but different XD

I've made box engines with hardpoints attached to other box engines in an array, I can tell you certainly that for the moment, at least, it's not a requirement.
Do you have a screenshot of what that looks like? I haven't been able to get a hardpoint to work without being attached to a beam.