Moon Gravity obstructing simple repairs and refueling

Today, I unfortunately had to land on the Moon's surface because I ran low on fuel and because refueling is only possible when detaching the the propellant tanks and refilling them in the crafting menu I ultimately ended up losing my ship and its whole freight with it (100 Stacks of Lukium lost, hooray). Although I am the one to blame for my loss (I did not request a ship refund but instead tried to fly it home with the little fuel left in the tanks which caused me to crash into the Moon) I find it INFURIATING that propellant tanks won't stay still (not even for one second) when trying to attach them to their support. The Gravity is pulling everything down and the hovering mode possibly isn't holding the ship completely still which causes the fuel tanks to always slightly move out of place...
This obviously makes refilling an utter nightmare and actually quite impossible...
I suggest that a tool gets added which allows for (albeit slower?) refilling of propellant tanks (and fuel rods) or alternatively a system that keeps ship parts in place regardless of gravity (at least for a few seconds) so that these kinds of repairs and maintenance can be conducted!

If anyone should ever find the crash site, they shall have a great day!

Haladin

Active endo
The Gravity is pulling everything down and the hovering mode possibly isn't holding the ship completely still which causes the fuel tanks to always slightly move out of place
If you can get one bolt through it into anything on the ship, it'll float with it, so you can position it as desired. Definitely pretty annoying, but makes it possible to make some progress.

I suggest that a tool gets added which allows for (albeit slower?) refilling of propellant tanks
Resource bridges can sort of support this, if you have/build/are willing to wrestle with a spare external tank.

If anyone should ever find the crash site, they shall have a great day!
Do you think you'd be able to find it again? Be tempting to team up and try to recover some stuff if so.

Resource bridges can sort of support this, if you have/build/are willing to wrestle with a spare external tank.
Hmm, interesting idea. I will keep that in mind.

Do you think you'd be able to find it again? Be tempting to team up and try to recover some stuff if so.
I have a pretty good idea of its location (At if I remember it correctly.). Could be worth the trip, but might take some time!