My First Impression of Starbase CA

Greetings fellow Endo!

So I created my character, and hit "Enter Universe" and started my journey.

Upon entering and spawning on the Origin station my mind was blown away by the size, the perspective, the orientation and the feel of the game. It's nothing that can be described by words it's something that you have to feel and see. I watched most of the footage of the game I could find on YouTube (thanks Kenetor for that!) but even when watching a video of the game you don't quite feel the game, it's marvelous, majestic, beautiful.

After completing the un-finished tutorial instead of farming up credits I spawned my ship and got familiarized with the ship controls and to my surprise I didn't crash. But I noticed that my fuel was burning up quickly even when sitting still. So I farmed a bit on the mining job to afford a YOLOL Chip and it's Socket to write (more of a copy and paste to be honest) a single line code to turn off my generator when I don't need it. The possibilities with YOLOL are endless, I can't wait to see what players can make with this beauty of a language. But while doing all of this, a station that's close by has been itching my eye all along, a spherical/polygonal shaped, almost enclosed station that's called Proia. As the curious Endo I am, I set out to that station with my ship only to sit duck halfway through because of a mistake I did while setting up the YOLOL code which resulted in turning off the generator completely and I was stranded with no power in my batteries, but thankfully the friends over at Discord helped me fix it.

So I arrived at Proia, docked my ship and started exploring the station. I could see what it was like while flying to it but when I arrived I had the same shock and feeling when I first spawned on Origin, I can't even imagine when hundreds of players are roaming around. And it's actually the station where I took the most screenshots in, as of now I have 127 screenshots in a playtime of 8.8 hours which approximately makes ~14.5 screenshots per hour. I feel like a tourist when playing this game.

Moreover, instead of being an intellectual Endo and earn some creds to get better upgrades, I decided to head through the Portal to the Moon, little did I know it takes "real-game-time" to get there which is approximately 15 minutes. At first I found it stupid to be this long but later on I loved this mechanic because it adds to the "feeling" of the game, after arriving I docked at the station on the portal and probably the other 1/4 of my screenshots were taken there. The scene I saw while sitting on a chair around a meeting table in an office in the station and looking at the moon is something I'll probably never forget in my gaming experiences.

I could see a small area on the Moon which I think was the Moon-city members on the Discord were talking about, and you probably guessed it. Yes, I did spawn my ship to go there but I made an U-turn 3 minutes in because it was a lot far than I had guessed and thankfully I didn't go there because the folks at Discord also mentioned, which I learned later on, it having quite an aggressive gravitational pull where you crash no matter what. I put on some Jazz and entered through the portal back to the main area.

At this point I got more or less familiar with most of the game's mechanics and controls so I earned more credits to get two more thrusters for my Laborer and took the wheel to the Asteroid belt to get easy credits.

So far the game looks and feels amazing and I can't wait to see how it'll look with thousands of players flying with their ships overhead as you go about, factions raging war over one another in massive battlefields, ground combat, walking down a functional city or even making your own city with your lads! The possibilities are endless.

This game is like no other game I have ever played, and I have played quite a lot of games and still do. If the development team actually manage to bring a full and stable release this will take off through the roof. So please support our lovely developers because it's up to them and their hardwork to make this game what we hope it to be.

Dear Developers, I can't speak on behalf of the community but I believe most of our thoughts are one when I say that take all the time you need and deliver a solid game, thank you for your work.

Have fun out there and don't forget to refuel!
Xecor

Reposted in General Discussions, I would like non-testers to know how the game experience is like as well.
DON'T MIND THIS POST

I hope that a large playerbase gives life to the game upon release gives life to the game. The stress tests look promising so far, but we can only hope that the servers can handle it once thousands of people enter on closed beta day (whenever that day comes around.)