Notification about Patch Impact

JohannaFB

Community Manager
We have a patch planned for later this week which will likely have reworked frame integrity. This will have an impact on ships.
This will be a change that moves us away from just favoring a bunch of smaller beams for a frame, regardless of ship size, into more nuanced frame builds.

Currently we are looking at a switch from per-part frame strength to a setting that adapts to the average frame part volume, but this is still being tweaked.

There are some ships that QA has noted to have problems, but these changes are still being tested, so this may change. Currently, problems have been noticed in these ships (to a varying degree):
* The Sky Walker
* Akimbo1
* Estoc
* Ironwing
* Rockhopper

Note that frame integrity will continue to be significantly tweaked so a ship that may not be viable now could be viable later, so we do not necessarily recommend any drastic action. Please be patient with us as we continue to tweak these features.

We are sorry about the inconvenience!

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
well, honestly no idea how this will effect my ships, I kind of always used the biggest beams to reduce the part number, have some ships very close to that limit afterall

XenoCow

Master endo
Hopefully we won't have to be stress benders to weave the stress through our ships anymore. I look forward to more beams = more strength.

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
I just updated the RockHopper! XD Hopefully you were testing the old one, but I guess I'll see when the patch lands.

JohannaFB

Community Manager
I just updated the RockHopper! XD Hopefully you were testing the old one, but I guess I'll see when the patch lands
I can change the Sky Walker if QA let me knows where it breaks
Please be patient with considering possible alterations to your ship and wait for the patch to test the changes more specifically! As we mentioned, things are still being tested and tweaked so take this more as a warning that you may want to check your ship when the patch has gone live, and hold off on fixes in anticipation for the change. Your ship may end up less impacted than you may initially fear.

Kodey

Veteran endo
Sounds like a great change for the game! Hopefully the Estoc won’t need a complete redesign, but we’ll just have to see what happens when the patch release

ExtraPerry

Active endo
Welp I have to revisit some blueprints again.
But this is a good sign of work if even most players can't keep up :D