Official Starbase Wiki - Writer Neutrality

Venixer

Well-known endo
With any wiki, its easy for anyone to create and modify articles, but to maintain a type of standard, would it be good to adapt a type of writer's code, similar to what Wikipedia has?

I think, personally its important for a wiki writer/editor to maintain a strict sense of neutrality, that they are first, and foremost, scholars and record keepers.

Articles should state the facts, as they are, not express writer's opinions.....though they can write, the opinions of a non-writer, such as a participant of an event.

I think adapt these types of non-bias, neutral points of view will go a long way to increase the quality of articles.

Thoughts?

XenoCow

Master endo
I fully agree with (one exception) your suggestion. I think that writter neutrality will make the wiki more accessible and useful for the lay-person reading about some particular event or game aspect. Neuances of partizanship will make reading cumbersom and dated.

Where I would like an exception to this rule are the company/faction pages. Those should be full of the charm and quarks of that particular group. There should be a little bit of standardization for ease of navigation, but the content should allow for creative or biased views.

Additionally, the company/faction pages could have an unbiased section that should not be edited by members of that group except to fix factual errors.

Venixer

Well-known endo
well its more of a voluntary code of conduct than a firm set of rules. Nothing will stop someone from making their articles or writing interesting with the use of creative and suggestive euphemisms, but I wouldn't recommend taking sides or showing preferences is all.

With factions and companies, I don't think they would want to make their pages too biased as it could provoke other groups and its unlikely they would want to post their secret plots and plans on a public wiki for people to see.