Permissions - Stations and more

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
In order for this game to really work well with groups I think most people would agree it needs better permissions options. What do you feel you need for good team play?

To start off, I really feel a need for:

• Ability to add group permissions to stations by company (multiple companies!) - transponder, safe zone, factory halls.
  • Going forward, company (multiple) and individual endo permissions for hanger, design and repair halls on stations.
  • Separate build permissions for each build zone to delegate station building without giving deconstruction rights over everything.
  • Seat permissions on ships! (e.g. give passenger seat access to a company or randoms without needing to give operator or group).
  • Ability to join multiple groups.

Last edited:

Seat-Weld

Learned-to-sprint endo
  • Ability to add group permissions to stations by company (multiple companies!) - transponder, safe zone, factory halls.
  • Going forward, company (multiple) and individual endo permissions for hanger, design and repair halls on stations.
  • Separate build permissions for each build zone to delegate station building without giving deconstruction rights over everything.
I definitely think these would be good ideas. Bases in games like this have a tendency to turn into a communal clubhouse for the group that built it, which just enforces a sort of cold war mentality where everyone stays in their respective holes and never interacts. Stations having the means to allow multiple companies to reside on them/being able to function as an inherently neutral zone would go a long way towards encouraging player interaction.