Planets, Rovers, and Other things

Otac

Well-known endo
I know there is already moons in the game that you can land on (or crash into epically), and I can only assume there are going to be planets as well at some point. I’ve got a few questions though. I know gravity will be implemented at some point, but does anyone know exactly how it’s going to work yet? How does planetary/moon approach work? Is the planet a new zone with a loading screen before you enter the atmosphere, or is the transition smooth like SE and NMS? Will there be boxes damage if you crash a ship into the planet’s surface? Are there plans to make resources available on planets? Will there eventually be some kind of oxygen mechanic, not really for robots needing oxygen to survive, but on planets with other life forms maybe?

My last question is not really related to planets themselves, but to different types of transportation. Will there be different types in the future (rovers, hovercraft, etc).
i prefer that would like SE planet load
i believe that SB will much better than SE withou doubt
SB With unlimited possibilities and scalability
AMD yes FB yes SB yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otac

Well-known endo
I just watched the video again with the thing we thought was a hover vehicle...I think it’s just the Vasama. At least that’s what it looks like to me. I wonder if this means you can set an altitude based on rangefinders or if they were just flying super low to the ground. Not sure, but either way, I cannot wait to start playing this game, ground vehicles or not 😁. Seems to me that the community for the game is already better than most games based on a social platform, and imo, that will keep the game around for a long time. Can’t wait to see you guys out there o7
agree
Yeah, the single planet so far is a Gas giant, which makes for a really pretty background 😁. Not really talking about present time though, more trying to get a little glimpse into the future of the game if anyone has any inside sources or things they have heard. If warp gates are going to be a thing, will it be a smooth transition? Or will it be like EVE and send you to a different zone? Same universe, just different solar system or whatever, or will it be seamless?
seamless is the best way. like SE

Otac

Well-known endo
I just watched the video again with the thing we thought was a hover vehicle...I think it’s just the Vasama. At least that’s what it looks like to me. I wonder if this means you can set an altitude based on rangefinders or if they were just flying super low to the ground. Not sure, but either way, I cannot wait to start playing this game, ground vehicles or not 😁. Seems to me that the community for the game is already better than most games based on a social platform, and imo, that will keep the game around for a long time. Can’t wait to see you guys out there o7
I can't wait to enter the game! As far as the current situation is concerned, this game has too much content for us to explore and discover

I'm thinking about whether the gaseous planet of EOS can build a large space station to extract these gases. If possible, this will be available to players as another resource type. It can be made into fuel, gas, or certain chemical reactions, or even some tools of the player. It seems that the resources we can currently mine are basically nothing but the chemicals in meteorite?

First, I'm not standing against implementing ground vehicles and I think being able to build and drive a rover for work even into battle is very cool. But as the discussions above, in a universe that spaceships are so powerful, use of rovers can be quite limited, and we may not necessarily need ground vehicles. For me, this is acceptable.
Now assuming ground vehicles have their advantages and we need them. As the choice between wheels and hovers, I think wheels are cooler. But if they have the risk of overburdening physical engine and causing glitches (like in Space Engineers), hovers can be a good choice.
For me, the existence of hovers can be “gameplay oriented” and don't need to be very logical. If being used as replacement of wheels then we can make their features just like wheels, like consuming less fuel/electricity (except their unique properties like move in any directions).

Burnside

Master endo
Just saying vehicles will always be outmatched by ships, not just in how well they will compare in the battlefield, it's also speed among with not able to travel into space and having to travel a distance just to be able to do that. I would like vehicles, but in combat they are the last thing I would want. Maybe a vehicle small enough to travel inside large ships would be useful for transporting cargo but in the new features video when the Empire attacked, a small hover vehicle was in the clip with a droid with an rocket launcher which the hover vehicle looks cooler, but also may fly a bit to reach higher places.
That only holds on moons without gravity, once planetary gravity can be implemented you can expect ground vehicles to gain a niche. But right now their primary advantage is they don't require propellant to move.

Burnside

Master endo
turntables, but using beams and plates as tires might not work so hot, we've also got no way to make responsive suspensions