AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
ptu_818.png

Art
  • Xhalium raw ore art updated
  • Exorium raw ore UI icon art updated

Auction House
  • Fixed a crash where adding Ores that were already being listed at the Auction House in another auction caused the game to crash

Audio
  • Prevented the playing of multiple Missile launch sounds per launch

Crafting
  • Crafting Benches now allow crafting from anywhere within one Player Station Easy Build Mode area

Devices
  • Fixed an issue where Asteroids got stuck on ships when a Cargo Lock Frame was used on them
  • Ship Transponders can now display the company name for a company ship
  • Fixed an issue where picking up a solar panel setup caused it to vanish from existence

Easy Build Mode
  • Fixed an issue with M2 unwelding not working more than once
  • Expansion visualizations are shown when in Easy Build Mode or when close to an expansion

Gameplay
  • Fixed issues with dead endoskeletons showing as default models and colliding with players
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze when loading/unloading certain ships
  • Player characters that were stuck in a permanent death state have now been fixed and unstuck
  • Fixed an issue where ship Batteries did not recharge

Inventory
  • Fixed an issue where items that can't be equipped to hand/leg inventory slots could still be placed in those slots. This has now been prevented and only items that can be equipped to hand/leg slots can be placed there.

Ships
  • Moved The Manta-DC from Rando 1 to K-Bot ship shop

Ship Shops
  • Removed the following ships from OKI ship shops:
    • Piece of Cheese from OKI 1
    • Flatter Extands from OKI 2
    • Barrow84 from OKI 2
    • Barrow40 from OKI 2
    • Miredge 8 from OKI 3
  • Added the following ships to ship shops:
    • Rocker Duo to Rando 2
    • MPMS-2 T2 CLF to Rando 4
    • Arundel Mk1 TypeA to Rando 4

Ship Designer
  • Fixed an issue that enabled building blueprints without building area restrictions
  • Autobolt action in Ship Designer should now avoid bolting jointed objects so that joints would not move because of bolts

Ship Repair Hall
  • Fixed an issue where damaged components that are not part of the ship were sometimes not moved to Station Storage

Weapons
  • Fixed Tripod Weapon UI showing 0 as Magazine count when entering a Tripod

UI
  • Fixed collision detection, highlights and sound for quickbar placement previews

PTU Only
  • Removed the separated components of Capital Ship Devices from crafting
  • Fixed an issue where players did not remain in same session during Capital Ship Fast Travel

Autobolt action in Ship Designer should now avoid bolting jointed objects so that joints would not move because of bolts
I'm glad autobolt avoids bolting objects together that shouldn't be. HOWEVER. There are situations in which two components need to be attached. For example: Doors that utilize 2 hinges or sliders. Most of the time in my experience you cannot bolt two hinges together, and they do not always work together. Autobolt would be able to solve this by forcibly bolting both of those components. Please give us an option in the bolt tool to ignore bolt restrictions and bolt two objects together regardless.

fr4me01

Active endo
PTU Only
  • Removed the separated components of Capital Ship Devices from crafting
So does this mean capital ships will only be manufacturable through modules? Then that leads me to believe this is why work is being done to put Easy Build Mode into the SSC.. So in the future we can design capital ships and Stations in the SSC?

I hope you guys realize you are offloading the entire ship construction time investment from the players who bought into this game WANTING to do completely custom ships from the first bolt to completion.. To yourselves. When it doesn't matter how many modules you make for us we will never be happy enough with the selection your designers can come up with, unless you give us a way to assign the custom modules we can already make to Easy Build Mode.

We don't want Easy Build Mode modules for Capital Ships.
We want Capital Ship Designer.

We don't want Easy Build Mode modules for stations.
We want Station Designer.
(On a side note here you took away an actual cool gameplay loop when you removed the old station designing and building mechanic. Dragging a cube into space, dropping it and pushing a button has literally 0 risk. Creates nothing and essentially does nothing. There is no chance of content centered around this action. Before when you needed a special printing process for the ship with a station blueprint already designed you had to have a specialized ship, materials, time, power, and protection if you were outside the safezone. Content could have been created around this station building process. People could have attacked, which means the builders had to defend. There was risk and could have been reward for the aggressors with station building ores and ships.

Now there is nothing. A button press on a cube thats invulnerable itself meaning only the taxi and the endo are vulnerable at all. And with no benefit from either side theres no point in content around this action.

The changes you have made since Launch have actively reduced the gameplay loops and negatively effected content generation with no replacements in sight.)

The people who moan about wanting Easy Build mode and how it will help new players come into and stay in the game are wrong.

Your own FAQ has it right when answering a question about what players who dont WANT to design their own ships will do regarding ships: "There will be hundreds of ship shops, buy them."

What happened to this direction? Why are you sacrificing your niche in favor of casual players who when they lose their first miner will quit the game anyway?

Catering to casuals is exactly what New World did and we can all see how that ended up right now in real time.

Just why?

Easy Mode "PVE" Starbase is Space Engineers. It's been done. It's more popular than Starbase and way more customizable. You can't compete with that game. Don't try. Carve your own niche.

Last edited:
The components of devices are not the same thing as components of modules.

However, I do think EBM should only be an option, never the only way of making stations or capital ships. Capital ships were one of the primary things that attracted me to Starbase, but I am not going to try to build anything that complex without a designer.

Thk

Learned-to-sprint endo
I'm glad autobolt avoids bolting objects together that shouldn't be. HOWEVER. There are situations in which two components need to be attached. For example: Doors that utilize 2 hinges or sliders. Most of the time in my experience you cannot bolt two hinges together, and they do not always work together. Autobolt would be able to solve this by forcibly bolting both of those components. Please give us an option in the bolt tool to ignore bolt restrictions and bolt two objects together regardless.
yea something like a bifold door (like you might find on closets) particularly if rather than two solid panels you have one door panel held by two 'hinge-stick-hinge' setups.