PTU Update 4.3.2022 (PTU Build 812)

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
ptu_812.png

Devices
  • Reconstruction Machine
    • Fixed an issue where the Reconstruction Machine activated at the station only after the player had relogged after the first time it was built
    • Machines now unlink players when they lose Factory Hall Area/Station safezone access
  • Fixed an issue where Solar Power recharge did not start/work when built with items from inventory in-game
  • Ducts
    • Fixed side edge connectivity issue for three ducts. Edges of these ducts did not connect with hardpoints:
      • Duct Straight 12x192 cm
      • Duct Straight 12x36 cm
      • Duct Corner 15x15 cm

Easy Build Mode
  • Building long lines with modules should no longer create considerable gaps. Miniscule gaps might still be noticed in extreme cases.

Player Stations
  • Fixed an issue where being close enough to another station made setting up new stations sluggish or impossible in nearby cells
  • Updated Station Info HUD

Ships
  • Updated:
    • 30 Allons Danser
  • Added descriptions for:
    • Mammoth II W
    • Phat Roadster
    • Atolla
    • Ramora
    • Batfish
    • Komatsu T2
    • SkipJack
    • Vector7a
  • Updated description of:
    • Manta DC

Ship Repair Terminal
  • Fixed an issue where components that were damaged but later repaired using the Building Tool sometimes counted as being damaged by the Ship Repair Terminal

UI
  • Added "don't show this again" option to Station expansion notification
  • Added "reset pop-up hints" option to Esc menu settings tutorial section
  • Tooltips now follow cursor when mouse is moved instead of closing
  • Tooltip opening delay can be adjusted in settings
  • Removed permission edit page from Stations Tab
  • Permissions are now changed by clicking Permission icons
  • Fixed broken station names in Insurance Transfer Menu

PTU Only
  • Fixed an issue where locking a ship with Towing Beam and releasing it did not remove the added mass or the thruster efficiency reduction
  • Player Stations can now be renamed
  • Towing Device
    • Now reports target mass in kg, not g
  • Made the deformation prevention area under Moon Base Support Legs slightly smaller
  • Added area validity for all station types. For an area to be valid, it must have at least 5 million KV of material in it. Expansion prevention if all current areas are not valid will continue to only affect Capital Ships.

Thk

Learned-to-sprint endo
Same for me. I did try to make one work but could not make it latch to anything.
Last I checked it doesn't work in safe zone. If you were trying outside safe zone, I have no idea.

Gknees

Well-known endo
And this thing doesnt fixes any of the bugs that make ptu unplayable
and weights 17 GB BEATIFUL

fr4me01

Active endo
yikes kinda bleak looking.

What about a roadmap?

The 3 month gap between patches for LIVE was bearable because you guys were doing a bunch of stuff on the PTU the whole time..

PTU patches like this make the live server look really depressing and Lauris 1 year quote extremely intangible.

Last edited:

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
noticed a big patch, went to check for notes, kind of expected a bit more...
don't get me wrong, not saying I don't like the fixes, but kind of got my hopes up for something else
but we all know the drill: SOON^^

Foraven

Veteran endo
Last I checked it doesn't work in safe zone. If you were trying outside safe zone, I have no idea.
I was inside safe zone. I would have expected the device to work in safe zone. Where do the devs think we will tow ships to if we can't bring them back to a station? If they don't want people to tow unwilling ships they can always add a new parameters to the transponder where we could allow or not tow beams to work on it.