Quick Crafting Guide for New Players

Venombrew

Master endo
So far i have seen people getting overwhelmed by the new crafting system, and since it wasn't exposed to us in Closed Alpha it is completely new for everyone. After helping out a lot of people in game i figure a quick guide may help people who are looking for information. This guide will help you get started from ship to ore to crafting.

1. Do the Tutorial all the way through, do this first as a priority. You will get some knowledge of the tools and most importantly a free Laborer ship. The newest of players have been depleting their fuel with no way to get it back since the fuel rods in the crafting a pretty far down the chain, which is going to require a lot of crafting points. BUT there is a way around a destroyed or even out of fuel Laborer. You can reset the tutorial and do it again! And once you get the ship you do not have to finish the tutorial just disable the tutorial. You lose that ship just reactive tutorial and rest it. Easy as that. Fifteen minutes of the tutorial and boom you got a new ship with extra fuel rods to continue your crafting grind. The useless ships you acquired can be decomissioned from your ship UI.

2. When you got your ship head out and mine Vokarium and Bastium since this is the most needed material for the early crafting. A good trick is to fly out then fly back to the station where you just barely enter the station zone and deposit all your ore over to the station storage, then turn around and head back out. While mining to save on fuel, fly out to your first mine and turn off generator, and while you have the batteries charged you can use those to coast from asteroid to asteroid without burning fuel rods. Typically i never restart my generator until im heading back to the station. As you add more thrusters this no longer becomes as viable.

3. Finally when you have a ton of ore to craft, craft nothing but the module crates and the extended crates. The single crates sell really well on the auction house and the extended crates sell at the shop terminal for around 1.4k credits. Either way your making credits while your doing your grind and stacking your crafting points. I use what i need and sell off the rest, while this can be tedious almost all games with a crafting system is time consuming. But once you get to the better items specially weapons and ammo you will then start making a lot of credits while you craft.

These three steps will help any new player get started and becoming more familiar with the research trees, auction house, mining, and ship management. If anyone can think of anything to add, throw it up here.

Aug 1st EDIT: Seems that you can fast jump to the repair job in the tutorial settings from there and bypass all of the tutorial to get a new ship. You may still have to reset it when you repeat this process but in the settings it allows you to fast jump to the last job before getting the Laborer.

Last edited: