Road system for transports

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I was just thinking of this, however the developers already have said that their will be a transport system. I thought wouldn't it be so neat, if there were a road that the transports could follow.
------------How to accomplish---------
-road paths will be lit up with holograms for the walls around the travel path
-there would be no floor or ceiling
-gates will be placed every so many feet between holograms (they can simply just be box frames and not have anything special about them apart from maybe road information.
-and the holograms should have arrows indicating the traffic direction.

MrFaul

Well-known endo
The game has a shuttle system, there are "bus stops" those span significant distances and fly above the station.
Also the whole concept of "road" kinda looses itself in space don't ya think?

To my knowledge the shuttles don't work right now for whatever reason but will probably fixed soon.

Joshua

The game has a shuttle system, there are "bus stops" those span significant distances and fly above the station.
Also the whole concept of "road" kinda looses itself in space don't ya think?

To my knowledge the shuttles don't work right now for whatever reason but will probably fixed soon.
If you have ever been a sea man, you would know that they use a system of buoy's for finding their way to dock. This would be not different. Also it might help players stay out of the way of the shuttles when they fly around. That way there would be no unfortunate accidents that may knock someones ship hard.

MrFaul

Well-known endo
Using a buoy is often not a choice, believe me they would rather not.
They are there so ships don't get stuck, rip their hull apart or to relay some other vital information that can't be seen directly.

Also collisions literally don't matter in the safezone they would just clutter the stations environment.

Joshua

Using a buoy is often not a choice, believe me they would rather not.
They are there so ships don't get stuck, rip their hull apart or to relay some other vital information that can't be seen directly.

Also collisions literally don't matter in the safezone they would just clutter the stations environment.
I bet that is probably no different here actually. You may not want to park your ship in the path of a transport ship on accident. Actually collisions do matter, it may not cause ship damage but it will still move the ship through space or stop the transport in action.