Robot repair

The text may not sound correctly. This is just a translation.
I don’t know, maybe they already wrote about it or maybe even the developers already thought about it. I will just write it here.
We have already been told that robots can lose various parts of the body and continue to function.
And what about the repair? Buying a new body can be expensive. It would be cool if the players could repair themselves and others (if the player himself is not able to repair himself due to lack of hands, for example), as well as just replace parts directly during the game.
You survived an attack from other players. You have lost your arm, leg, or even your head. You could lose both arms or both legs. You could lose several parts of the body at once and become practically useless.
Imagine that you can repair yourself by installing new parts. Or a friendly player can help you.
You can install parts that you previously purchased as spares or you can remove parts from destroyed robots. I think it sounds pretty cool and in a way believable. As far as I remember, all robots are modular and parts are compatible with each other. We can very well set foot A to body B with arm C and head D without any problems and conflicts.
It would also be nice to be able to replace whole and simply damaged parts. Why not?
You managed to defeat a player who has more interesting robot parts and you can pick them up as a trophy. It would be very cool if you could take the whole thing. The whole robot. Well, almost the whole. Imagine that you can somehow fix it all and take the body to yourself. Of course, this approach is needed in case the body part is completely unique, and not modular. I do not fully understand the current robot assembly system. It is unlikely that you will be able to get someone else's body if it does not consist of modules that are attached to the same base as yours.

Perhaps this topic does not make sense at all. I don’t know how everything is arranged now.

Last edited:
I hope so! being completely out of the fight because of a lack of an arm sounds like a bummer
I agree. Although I think the system may not be the way I still want.
We have various customization kits, but there must also be something else.
Suppose you really can replace a limb with a robot, but can you replace your torso with a torso of a fallen robot?

Azelous

Veteran endo
Suppose you really can replace a limb with a robot, but can you replace your torso with a torso of a fallen robot?
I believe the torso houses the intelligence of the robot, so I don’t think you will be able to replace your torso with another’s.

As far as robot repair, I doubt we’ll get anything as modular as replacing individual parts. It will probably be an item that repairs or some sort of system on a ship or at a station. It would be cool, but I doubt that they would go to such lengths for a self preservation mechanic when they could just have you spawn in. Would require a fair bit in development.

Quick news! They have said that they are most likely going to add special tools to revive dead players!
Seriously? That sounds a little scary. That is ... one body is left of you and in fact you are dead. You are somehow revived.
In theory, your dead body could even be used as a shield before bringing you back to life ...

Vexus

Master endo
I poked the community a bit in this thread: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/how-should-respawning-work-in-starbase.355/

I think a revive mechanic is necessary for a game this large, which has great FPS potential. Any presence of "item based" respawning will ruin the game as massive groups simply stockpile more 'lives' than their enemies to win. It is fairly easy to balance the revive mechanic (adjust the time it takes as well as the cost) and means that after a ship fight, the remaining enemies can put up a fight, but aren't going to just end up swarming you due to massive nearby respawns. The interesting part for me is that 'revival' can come from other players, your ship, or a programmed drone that seeks you out when injured - giving you 'extra lives' in non-combat situations because you have these tools on hand. In addition, the revive mechanic has been heavily tested and is a success in almost every battle royale game, showing although it's a good mechanic, it doesn't make or break fights - there's history of a revive being a valid and successful game mechanic for FPS combat. I think Starbase can pull off something truly amazing with the robot lore and the YOLOL programming - the best part being players will solve all these things instead of devs having to spend the time on it. We just need the tools.