Saltberia "Prison"

pavvvel

Veteran endo
I don't understand why anyone would think that attacking other players is bad and that it should be punishable by any mechanics/fines.

the more mechanics to protect players - the less players will protect each other and team up to protect each other and then there will be less content, gameplay will become boring.

I sincerely hope that starbase doesn't have the mess that EliteDangerous has with player blocking and private groups - then the game will die.

Cavilier210

Master endo
Saltberia is a place people go for minor breaks in the rules (things that won't get you immediately banned). It also Let's us have a bit of fun with it, doing prison breaks, and the like.

J.D.

Veteran endo
It's all outlined pretty clearly in the first post, but I'll explain the reasoning also:
  • Safe zone is for new players or those who do not seek conflict. It's in any case a safe area, including all deception to lure people out from there.
  • Non-safe zone is basically the entire universe. It is not safe, in fact it's guaranteed loss of a ship. If you venture there and don't face a single player an asteroid will still destroy your ship. We promise a total loss for everyone taking the risk outside the safe zone, and we don't care does that happen by players or by fuel running out.
  • Social engineering rules are there to prevent luring people out of safe zones, or to prevent stealing stations, bases or capital ships via deception. Social engineering rules do not cover faction espionage, but they are designed to protect pve players. So social engineering rules are mainly there to block bypassing safe zone rules.
TL;DR Safe Zones are safe, we don't allow any technicality or other trick to bypass them. In other hand, universe outside the safe zone is supposed to kill everyone.

Captured enemy faction players? That criminal running amuck finally has been brought to justice? Well now they can serve time by mining rocks until their debt is paid. Perhaps time can be served by mining for broken laws or maybe that captured enemy will change allegiances to your faction instead... I really like the idea of the game having an element in place for crime or captured enemies. It would really be neat to see a system for this introduced into the game.
No. I don't like this idea, at all.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Is this conversation in context to inside the safe zone where a justice system would exist? Or is this about trying to govern the entire universe?

The reason why practically no game I ever played featured lengthy stays in a prison environment is because I would simply tell the whole game "so long, suckers." and be off to play another game. It is preposterous to assume that people would actually serve their time.
Prison is a terrible idea, penalties should look differently (Fines, Bans etc.).

Archeage's system was more a proof of concept, which showed that 99% of the jury only voted Guilty cause they did not care.

Ending up sometimes like this on a friday night xD