Ship Builder Upgrade

Kibbles

Active endo
I know that the game's in Alpha, but I just wanted to write up some suggestions for the ship builder that'd be crucial/really nice to have.

First, I'll start by describing the issues I've had in particular. First, the right mouse button, this is used for both removing cables and such from your ship and used for looking around. It gets very annoying when you want to do either action but end up doing the other one. I'd suggest maybe utilising the MMB for camera movement.

Secondly, this is kind of a few issues in one, but when placing machinery like hinges and flight computers, there's no indication or screen tip/warning of how you need to actually use it or what parts your missing and what you need to connect to it to make it work and how you need to connect them. This can lead to much frustration when trying to figure out why your ship isn't working and how to properly make components of your ship work. (No one wants to spend hours researching on how to build a simple ship).

Thirdly, when clicking on the materials or pain tool, it brings up a menu on screen to select the colour/material, but when I click on a new tool, this menu stays on my screen and it's just a minor inconvenience for when I accidently click on one of those 2 tools and then have to move my mouse to close it's menu.

Forth, controls in general. Having customisability of all the controls for the ship editor is a must have. I've spent way too long trying to re-learn what keys to use for the ship editor as I have previously used 3D CAD software and memorised their controls. It would also majorly help fix issue 1.

That's most of the issues I can think of, if anyone want's to discuss these, please just comment and if I think of anymore, I'll add them.