Ship glitching when sharing

baja

Endokid
Hi all

So I've got a 12-laser mining monster of my own build from ship designer. Works fine (for me) - yay.

I've then gone and shared with a friend that I've played with for years and in front of my own eyes the ship glitches out - kinda like it despawned and then respawned.

After this it resulted in mining lasers/turrets etc either falling off, pointing in the wrong direction (backward despite parameters 0 rotation , 0 pitch) or the worst one - where the whole assembly is just misaligned - turntable/cradle/laser etc- just all over the place despite the game treating it as if it's all bolted together properly. Some wiring also broke in really difficult to get to places - always better to use ducts I guess :)

In short the first time this happened I couldn't fix it - trying to replace the turrets just ended up with the not snapping or the game still thinking the original turrets were there.

I raised a lost/broken ship ticket and really quickly got a nice reply and rebuild voucher - bit of a nuisance to go back to the blueprint since I'd made a chunk of changes since my blueprint - but hey that's life.

So we continue onward after re-doing those changes (including adding extra bolts to 192 cargo crates - dull) and then it happens again - glitched out, and now in same situation as before.

Only this time, my request to refund etc seems to have gone unanswered. Perhaps it's because I've also had the gaal to enquire if I can simply get the materials back instead of a voucher? (so I can make the changes in the blueprint so I don't have to repeat them each and every time).

Anyway -
1. Is this sort of glitching known? What's the work around or is it just a case of don't share ships!? Seems to be if I get perhaps 200m away from it?
2. What's the correct process to get a ship refunded - is it a one time deal? Do I need to word everything right? Or just a case of making the request at the right time and getting the right person to action it? I don't want to repeatedly raise a ticket but I'll have to if I don't get a response!

kinda like it despawned and then respawned
This is probably due to the fact that one of you is hosting the ship, for which a setting exists in the gameplay menu. But this gets strange when sharing a ship, as the one flying the ship wants to host the ship, but you can't really force to host the ship once you're in the pilot seat. If I'm around friends that have access to some of my ships, I turn of "host owned ships", but turn it back on afterwards.

pointing in the wrong direction (backward despite parameters 0 rotation , 0 pitch)
It is a known issue with turret cradles that they glitch out and point in the wrong direction (I've seen it as rotating 180 deg on reload).

Only this time, my request to refund etc seems to have gone unanswered.
It could be due to the fact that they either have a whole lot of vouchers to work on, and you got lucky the first time, or that since you've just already requested the same ship that they won't create a new voucher to prevent spawning-in ships without people working for it. I've lost two very similar ships due to crashes in the moon gravity well, and only got a single ship back sadly enough.