Shipyard Lights and Test Mode Destruction Enabled

Hi - new player, first time post. Loving the game so far. About 60 hours in and most of it in the ship designer and harvesting mats to build my ship.

A huge QOL improvement would be to allow us to modify the global lighting in the build mode. The day cycle is fine but it gets too dark half the time to see what I'm doing very well when it is "night".

Another request is to allow the destruction profile to work in test mode, and not just have it be in safe zone mode. I'd like to be able to test my ship design before I take it to the "unsafe" zone and make sure it's going to withstand some hits.

Sorry if a repeat of other requests made. If either of these have already been put in and I just couldn't find these options, or you have a good idea for work arounds, please let me know.

Thanks!

Womble

Veteran endo
A huge QOL improvement would be to allow us to modify the global lighting in the build mode. The day cycle is fine but it gets too dark half the time to see what I'm doing very well when it is "night".
Oh yes! A thousand times, yes! It's a virtual environment in a virtual game. Why does it have anything to do with the "day/night" cycle.

Indeed, why does the game even have a day-night cycle? Hadn't thought of that before, but it's a bit odd, out there at the gas giant...

Another request is to allow the destruction profile to work in test mode, and not just have it be in safe zone mode. I'd like to be able to test my ship design before I take it to the "unsafe" zone and make sure it's going to withstand some hits.
While you might not be able to crash it into asteroids, you can take a pickaxe to any part of a ship in the Test Mode, or crash your ship into a massive heap of welded onionium beams and plates and see what falls off. Guns work, and you can spawn targets, so you could copy an extra version of your design (less the things you're only allowed one of) into your test environment and shoot at it with a weapon platform if you want. You can even fly quite a way away and shoot into the hangar if you are precise with your lining up.

But having asteroids available to spawn in to the test environment would be great. Obviously, any ore mined would remain in the virtual environment :)

Edit: be prepared to have it take a while to weld 2*25^2 4m beams together though :)

SSC is an abbreviation for Space Ship Creator. In other words, the ship designer. I think it has been called both creator and designer at different times.