small cockpit 3 buttonstate

Good day,

I just built a small cockpit 3 (with glass canopy) there are 2 large buttons at the top of the console that just say "BUTTONSTATE". both click together and neither seem to do anything. How do i change what the button does. I would like to set it to shut off of the reactor if possible. there are also two displays that say PanelValue but display nothing but a 0. any help would be gratefull.

XenoCow

Master endo
Good day,

I just built a small cockpit 3 (with glass canopy) there are 2 large buttons at the top of the console that just say "BUTTONSTATE". both click together and neither seem to do anything. How do i change what the button does. I would like to set it to shut off of the reactor if possible. there are also two displays that say PanelValue but display nothing but a 0. any help would be gratefull.
If you press 'U' while looking at the buttons (or any device) and open the data tab (pressing 'U' again if necessary). Then you can see the inner workings of the button.

For setting the generator to on or off, you can first change the "buttonState" text to read "fuelChanberUnitRateLimit" (the fuel chamber field that says what the max level of fuel you allow the generators to use). Then you can change the button's "OnStateValue" from 1 to 100 (or as low of a number as possible if you want to conserve fuel ~35 for 2 box thrusters). Now when you press the button the generator will turn on and when you press it again it will turn off. I suggest that you change the off valu from 0 to 0.001 so that your ship never completely dies (making all controls useless).

For the panels, just change the text to any of the field names on your ship that you want to see the number of.

In general, if two fields have the same name then one can control the other or one can read the other.