some ideas I had

some ideas
-Alien/robot npc pirate ships/stations to attack and defend.
-bounties for creatures and their materials and bounties for the pirates aswell.
-treasure planet style sailboard to go to and from ship with mobility.
-Some creatures such as, Cosmic sea turtles, cosmic jellyfish, cosmic whales, cosmic sea dragons, cosmic fish of various kinds (for bounty variety) cosmic starfish, cosmic krakens, cosmic sharks, cosmic eel, cosmic etc etc.
-very very small moon biomes randomly generated. Example being a coral themed moon with cosmic creatures around that someone could one day build into and have a base.
volcanic themed moons, frost themed moons, sandy/beach themed moons. and if we really wanted to Forest, desert, mountain, jungle, ocean and etc themed very small proc genertaed moons that will host their own creatures/randomly generated terrain which again can later be built on and made bases into.
now how will we interact with creatures is very important also. pets/tames or no pets/tames.
we could have some smaller creatures or more docile ones be tamable and have farms etc. transporting them on ships to our other bases or simply keeping them locked in that environment. personally I like the idea of having small/farm/production type creatures be tamable but keeping all the bigger ones as a danger to all (bring weapons and hunt/kill them)
some examples of some bounties could be this.
-Bounty for a pirate base in neb prime (gives coords) eradicate them and bring back the pirate leaders journal to claim your reward.
-Bounty for Cosmic Orca x10 (you can have it active and as you run into them or actively hunt them randomly in space or near a Tundra micro moon.)
-Bounty Whale blubber x1,000
-bounty mammoth tusks x20
and so on like that with multiple different varieties.
now eventually when we have building and etc these items should server as some purpose. look at ARK, ATLAS and no mans sky. and rewards shouldnt only be credits.
now for Micro moons, These will be randomly generated so no one biome of moon is exactly the same in shape/layout and resources/animals spawns. They will also be roughly 1 quarter of the size of a normal space station. the terrain will be like minecraft where you can dig into and out the other side where everywhere on it is harvest able. That being said, for those who wish to make their base on it will need a way for a big group to not just come in and mine their beautiful bases. so a claiming system of the micro moon where one company purchases rights to that moon and makes only you able to destroy/reconstruct terrain on it. built bases and etc are fair game to raids tho ofc.
bringing space and danger with stuff to hunt down, materials, bounties and etc together making it not just go out mine asteroid, return sell or make parts repeat. havent played recently but im sure thats what its still mostly about atm. theres a reason ARK and ATLAS got so big, yea player interactions the main point but having consistent npc (dinos) or in this case aquatic/mythical creatues that bring life around you is important.
with all this I 100% guarantee this game will destroy most other games in sales and players. and I think it should be top priority to have the creatures/bounties and micro moons asap randomly spawning throughout space to give players something more to do and a place to call home. and building bases and etc ofc. which I would think the way asteroids are now you got most of it ready just enlarge and make it a themed micro moon.
just my suggestions but it would make a very good game and bring in many players.

and for the micro moons having a large variety with different rarity and different resources (sometimes same with more rare added) for each type.
example maybe a crystal micro moon will be 1/100 chance and lets say a forest micro moon is 5/100 chance as examples. having a large variety and it all random so you gotta hunt for the right home and they wont ever be exactly the same due to proc generation. but having tons upon tons upon tons of them spawned would be super important so everyone has a new one to explore, new ruins to explore maybe new fossils to excavate. new pirates to eradicate and chances based on biome for what minerals spawn there. with it being a low chance for higher tier and so on. and so everyone has a place to make a base on one if they want. then maybe space stations outside of it and etc.