- Aug 9, 2019
Starbase Early Access Update 03.05.2022 (EA Build 869)
Patch type: Major
- Moon Mining & Bases
- Capital Ships
- Heat mechanics
- Hangar halls (SSC/Repair hall) to player stations and capital ships
- Station Reconstruction Machine
- Blueprint update
- Alloy furnace
- Recycler tool
- Speedometer, gyroscope for ships
- Grid Displays
- New tripods(plasma, rail, laser)
- Rail cannons, premium FCU, tier 2+3 enhancers, and professional yolol chips are now obtainable
- Manual Welding
- Added Moon Base Foundation in crafting that allows founding a Moon Base
- Moon Bases function like any other type of Station, except:
- The foundation is placed into ground of a moon
- Shape of available expansions is two 5x5 floors, maximum areas remains at 30
- Objects must be supported by Support Legs to be placed. Each Support Leg supports 9x9 basic modules area around it with infinite height. The support area of closest Support Leg is visualized when inside Build Mode
- Moon bases have their own permission to enable mining inside the Safe Zone area
- Build restriction for other stations is 100 meters from the Safe Zone border
- Later, a degradation mechanic will be added where unsupported parts eventually destruct
- Enabled moon mining for every moon. The surface of moons can be deformed by using pickaxe, mining laser or explosives
- Breaking the surface collects surface material relative to the amount of deformation done
- Oreveins have chance to spawn while mining, with various materials distributed into each moon
- Elysium moon has craters with more rare and plentiful materials than the normal surface
- Different materials can be found depending on the depth
- Capital ship creation is now available. Capital ship devices and parts require alloys meaning alloy crafting should be established first.
- Parts for Capital Ship are unlocked in the Advanced Tech Tree after which those are available in "Capital Ships" section of the Crafting Window.
- Capital Ship Creation starts with building Capital Ship Dock at station where the construction of Capital Ship can begin. Dock has maximum size which limits how big Capital Ship can be at first, but the building and expanding can be continued after leaving the dock with the ship.
- When Capital ship is ready for fast travel it can fast travel to destinations saved into Navigation Chips with Navigation Data Logger. Saved Navigation Chip are shown in Fast Travel Terminal as available fast travel destinations when having the chip in inventory. Navigation Data Logger is also unlocked in "Advanced Crafting Tree".
- As first voyage it is highly recommended to save navigation chip near the station where Capital Ship Dock is located and travel to this location.
- More information about capital ship construction can be found in Starbase Public Wiki: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php?title=Capital_Ships
- Reworked how heat works on ships
- Heat is a byproduct of the operation of many devices and machines, and must be dissipated to maintain peak efficiency. It is created primarily during the operation of generators and mounted weapons, and can be stored in a heatsink, dissipated with radiators, or (in the case of generators) rapidly nullified with coolant cells.
- More info: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php?title=Heat_mechanics
- Manual welding allows any objects, not just beams/ship frames, to be attached to each other via weld blocks
- Weld block behavior is similar to bolts creating a attachment between multiple objects
- Large and small weld blocks are added to Welding Tool in Ship Designer
- Weld blocks are considered as objects in building budget and consumes Bastium
- LMB will place a weld block and RMB will remove it
- Hand held Weld Tool has a new manual welding mode which can be toggled with "z" (default). While in manual welding mode you can switch between large and small weld block using mouse wheel
- For material use weld bocks consumes Bastium which can be used from the two ore slots in backpack, from material crates via resource bridge connection or from station storage
- Added a feature to allow each ship 3 save slots for different modifications
- The window for the blueprint files opens by default with the Universal Tool when near a ship you're hosting, and can also be bound to a separate key
- Operator access is enough to allow modifying ship blueprint files
- One slot can be set to automatic save with 3 triggers configurable from Gameplay -> Ship Blueprint Autosave
- Repair terminals and the blueprint filler feature can be used to restore ships to the form in these saved slots. The form at the time of purchase is also always available by activating the original blueprint slot
- Added Speedometer
- This device outputs the current speed it, or anything it is bolted to, is traveling at to a YOLOL field
- Added Gyroscope
- Reports device rotation over pitch, yaw and roll axes relative to the calibrated 0-point, in degrees
- When placing the gyroscope on a ship, pay attention to its orientation. The arrows should point UP and FORWARD
- Set the GyroCalibrate YOLOL field to 1 to calibrates current device rotation to 0 over each axis, once calibration is complete the field changes to 0 automatically
- Added external ammo containers for ship mounted weapons
- 7 standard magazines worth of ammo per container
- The support bolts to ships, and the containers to the support, to ease reloading
- Connect the support with pipes to your ships cannons
- Added Station Reconstruction Machine to crafting
- Must be connected to a supply conduit network producing electricity to charge and requires endokits
- You can only have limited amount of Station Reconstruction Machines on any given station. The limit is 2 machines +1 more for each 4 size class of the station.
- There is no limit to how many Station Reconstruction Machines you can be linked to at once, unlike with the ship version
- Has range of 5000 KM
- Machines can be renamed in insurance transfer menu to tell them apart
- Hangar halls can now be built on player stations, allowing you to use the Ship Designer and Repair Hall from player-made stations
- Alloy Furnaces can be used to craft alloys out from various ores through Crafting Menu.
- Alloy Furnace needs to be in correct type of asteroid belt or moon atmosphere to craft different alloy types.
- The Furnace requires electricity to accumulate and hold Charges that are used when crafting alloys.
- Recycle Tool recycles items and parts into their original crafting materials. Recycling a part returns 75% of the original material amount.
- Recycler Tool only works on spaceships owned by you, decommissioned spaceships, and detached parts. It does not work on spaceships owned by other players.
- Point at the item or part you want to recycle and hold M1 to recycle it.
- Requires Power Packs to function.
- Grid displays are general-use information screens players can use YOLOL to display all sorts of information or symbols on, for a variety of reasons ranging from simple text readouts to complex data representations. Grid Displays can used by attaching them to a Control table
- More info on the Starbase public wiki: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php?title=Grid_Display
- Added Auction House to Moon City
- Added new fast travel gate connection from Elysium Moon to the Eos asteroid belt, located around halfway between Moon City and Arma
- Added Farbelt Outpost Station to the outer edge of the Eos asteroid belt, close to the new fast travel gate connection
- Added Robur Station close to the Origin stations as an easy-access PVP testing ground - connected to Origin AH and station inventory, and has infinite-range insurance transfer
- Reduced safe zones around Moon City and the Fast travel Gate
406.7 KB Views: 237
803.1 KB Views: 153
444.3 KB Views: 132
406.1 KB Views: 148