Starbase Known Issues and Bugs (Build 789)

Starbase Known Issues and Bugs (Build 789)

Hello everyone, and welcome to the bug thread.

The purpose of these posts is to collect important bugs and issues in the Early Access version of the game under one easily searchable thread, and to show you that the developers are aware of the issues and are working hard to fix them.

However, these posts will not be a comprehensive list of every single bug in the game (that might get a bit too long) but will include some larger bugs and issues important for the community to know about.

These posts will be appearing after each Early Access update, check the build number in the title.
Also, make sure to check out the most recent Early Access patch notes: Build 789 Patch notes

If you feel like there is something missing from the post, and you can report it (preferably with reproduction steps), then feel free to comment below, or send an F1 bug report in-game, where you can add a screenshot as evidence and make the bug easier to reproduce.

Also, if you have lost ships/ores/etc. to these bugs, please send a thorough "ship/tow/ore/item refund" ticket or an "other in-game help" F1 ticket in addition to sending a bug report in-game. Bug reports are for reporting only, they are read and sent forward to the QA -team for testing, but are not replied to.

Inventories

• Players may have some issues with ore + items in ship, station & personal inventories. There have been a lot of fixes, but items pre-dating those fixes may still have some odd behaviour. Any remaining issues should get ironed out with the gradual rollout of the new inventory system.

• If the top 4 Endo inventory slots are occupied and then a complex object is placed into inventory with the pick up button, the complex object can disappear from the game and not be placed into the inventory but will count as an object amount on the hot bar.

• Picking up abandoned items floating around the station can cause them to disappear from the game and do not go into the player inventory.

• Cosmetics can sometimes vanish from inventory storage.

Ships

• Ships disappearing from stations is being worked on; this is a new issue to the previous one caused by moving parts which is much less common now.

• Ships with cargo lock frames may still have occasional issues with asteroids becoming part of the ship.

• Pop-in issues with ships, lods and/or ship transponders loading in slowly.

• Passengers on ships hosted by someone else can get thrown off the ship if not seated.

• Lifelines may fail to work when the user is not the owner of the ship. (e.g. just an operator)

• Ships spawned in the ship creator hangar may not allow the owner to sit in the pilot seat; this is fixed by a relog.

• Ships spawned in the ship creator hangar can have random orientations and not be straight or level.

• When browsing through the ship store hangars sometimes ships will fail to render in detail and will be stuck in low LOD mode.

Easy Build mode

• Easy build mode may delete the ship when exiting Easy Build with the (.) hotkey. This can happen when another player is added as an operator to the ship, and a YOLOL chip that is executing empty lines of code is removed, put into the endo's inventory with (P), and moved back out of the inventory next to the ship while in Easy Build mode. Once the hotkey to leave Easy Build mode is pressed, the ship gets deleted.

• Some modules don't snap on all 6 sides and rotations, these are being fixed as they're found

• Single parts on station build still have some snapping problems that should be fixed on the next patch

Stations

• Pop-in issues with player stations have been improved (but they're still a little poppy).

Devices

• Missiles and Torpedoes can have issues hitting ships in lod-state; this is being actively worked on.

• Turrets, mining lasers etc. items with hinges or other moving parts may have issues with orientation or detaching, though it should be significantly improved.

• Sound device can cause issues with YOLOL.

• Reconstruction machine may not allow players who do not host the ship to link to it

Tools

• Building tool may not fix the "integrity" of the object, rebuilding an object from a small piece may cause the device to not work or have low durability.

Other

• Resetting an ongoing item fill (blueprint filler) by relogging may make the item disappear.

• Picking up items that belong to someone else in the SZ may make them vanish as if picked up; can be seen on the sell screen but not in the inventory.

• Pop-in issues with asteroids (report it if you see it).

• Asteroids at the edges of chunks might not get detected by rangefinders in the next chunk over, can cause autopilot crashes.

• When approaching a T10 asteroid in space while in a group the Asteroid's texture can render as the core material.

• Ore Tower 'sell all' button only pays the value of one stack; workaround is to sell individually.

Last edited:

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
+ Yolol stealth change to auto-recover current line AND internal variables makes updating redundancy systems in universe rather painful. Also makes repairing ships in universe break yolol horribly and the only workaround WAS to relog, forcing a reload. storing the ship doesnt even fix this now.

Kodey

Veteran endo
One thing I've noticed is that thin floorplates have changed collision boxes compared to earlier versions, I haven't seen this in any patch notes, so I'm just going to assume this is a lesser-known bug
1644436763437.png

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
One thing I've noticed is that thin floorplates have changed collision boxes compared to earlier versions, I haven't seen this in any patch notes, so I'm just going to assume this is a lesser-known bug
View attachment 4204
This was done for several ones previously and broke a hauler of my friends, and all of my small ships. I dont know why they have an obsession with tuning their collision meshes, but they are really testing my patience with it. They changed it 3 times in 3 weeks. I have officially stopped fixing my ships that get broken by it, because they keep changing it. I actively warn people to be careful when using them and try to avoid doing cool things with them if they are not okay with it being broken next week. This would make the 4th time it broke my kit then.
yay. \o/

Kodey

Veteran endo
This was done for several ones previously and broke a hauler of my friends, and all of my small ships. I dont know why they have an obsession with tuning their collision meshes, but they are really testing my patience with it. They changed it 3 times in 3 weeks. I have officially stopped fixing my ships that get broken by it, because they keep changing it. I actively warn people to be careful when using them and try to avoid doing cool things with them if they are not okay with it being broken next week. This would make the 4th time it broke my kit then.
yay. \o/
Seems like this has only been happening after CA, never had this happen in CA.