Starbase Progress Notes: Week 37 (2021)

ElluFB

Forever locked into The Pool
Frozenbyte
Forum_ProgressNotes.png

Hello everyone, here are the progress notes of the week 37 of 2021!

This week's progress notes include a large-scale look into the features that are currently in the works and their state of development, as well as features that have been completed since the last time. Hope you enjoy these snippets of the Starbase development!

Below we have listed the different states, and an explanation of what that state means in terms of development process.
Design: first phase of development
Art asset: done after designing of the feature, but can be done either before, after or at same time with programming.
Programming: programmer implements the feature based on design
Configuration: feature is technically done but a designer needs to configure it
QA: feature is technically done but needs testing. May happen before or after configuration.
Please note that the "Progress Notes" are different from the Starbase "Patch Notes". Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Starbase Early Access. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Starbase Progress Notes: Week 37 (2021)

The weeks shown in the "Time in development" column are only the active development weeks the feature has been worked on and include all phases of development. The time is rounded up to weeks, so if one day has been spent on a feature during the week, it counts. Therefore, the weeks should be treated as a rough estimate only.

Completed
w37_completed_v1.jpg

In progress

New
w37_new_v3.jpg

Moons and moon mining
w37_moonmining_v1.jpg

Moon bases
w37_moonbases_v3.jpg

Capital Ships
w37_capitalships_v2.jpg

Spaceships
w37_spaceships_v2.jpg

Stations and Easy Build Hall
Table_04_stations.png

Devices and machines
Table_05_devices.png

Other
Table_06_other.png

Gallery
Navigationdatalogger.jpg

Videos

discord_sb__divider_sb.png

Purchase Starbase Early Access now on Steam!

Last edited:

Distuth

Active endo
That's a lot of power to use that chip. I hope it requires that over the 40 minutes, not all at once.

Venombrew

Master endo
love the navi data logger and i am patiently waiting for the moonbase release! i know it is coming just got to be patient!

Truly excellent work, it's incredibly refreshing & delightfully surprising to see such consistent & detailed progress reports to the community. Frozenbyte does Early Access right! Thank you!!

Look pretty nice ! Why does easy build mode is so important? I mean like , it not really fun to build with easy build mode.

Looks great! I wonder if the shopping list feature shown there is tied to the auction house, or if we will be able to use it in areas with no auction house to craft?

Agonarch

Active endo
The non-secure blueprints, does that mean people can just edit and save on a chip? Or edit and save in the SSC fully, making dozens of their own chips to sell?

Venombrew

Master endo
Truly excellent work, it's incredibly refreshing & delightfully surprising to see such consistent & detailed progress reports to the community. Frozenbyte does Early Access right! Thank you!!
i have been following this company since the announcement of this game over 2 years ago, and i have always said how much i love the fact that they keep the community well informed on the game, even when things don't go the way they want. they tell us the good and the bad, good business ethics.
Look pretty nice ! Why does easy build mode is so important? I mean like , it not really fun to build with easy build mode.
for people like me lol, im not so into ship building, while i do find it cool and very interesting, its not my thing. but easy build mode is for guys like me, EBM is like legos, we can easily piece a ship together to do what we need. is it going to be awesome?! probably not but it will work for the time being. the other form of ship building, now that is a totally different thing were customization is everything, more knowledge and know how, also means more practice at it.