The Station That Wasn't - And Could Never Be

That the focus of players in Starbase should not be the origin stations is obvious. One way to do this is to have the ability to create stations which actually have some function like, refuelling or building; generally a place where players can refit, reorganize, build, grow, replenish, plan, and so on. It's even in the roadmap as a completed item. (image 1)

Unfortunately, it's not complete. It doesn't work. And it's a waste of time. Can it be fixed?

I spent the better part of the weekend gathering resources for, and then building out, my station in the safezone as just such a place for my friends and partners. The result is in image 2: A refuelling and crafting station. During the course of this build, I had logged out and back on several times. After completion, I tested everything to make sure it worked and that the fuel did not disappear from my ship as previous efforts of this type had manifested. Everything worked. Then, I had a friend come out to the station, with hall access, to make sure it would work for a third party. Everything worked. I then logged out, again.

About 15 minutes later, I logged back in. The station was missing items and no longer functioned. (images 3 and 4) None of my friends were surprised by this, as all have had similar experiences using the factory areas.

If the roadmap says that these items are completed, but this happens - are they really completed? Can we get an explanation from FB?

Attachments

Cavilier210

Master endo
This is why I'm super annoyed at the focus on capital ships. If these mechanics don't work for the stations, why would we expect them to work for caps?and thats just one reason of many on why I'm less than enthused for caps.

Road map just means 'completed', it doesn't mean 100% free of bugs (vehicles irl are completed and then have a ton of issues that are discovered in the first few years of release).
Expect everything to have bugs when it's pushed out this is alpha/ea. It's well known that factories aren't safe to build in still, they were kind of rushed out on EA launch without CA players bug testing and it's clearly taking time to figure out all the bugs that cause deletion.

The plan is to essentially make stations as useful as origins, Cavilier does have a point with caps. Thats likely at least part of the reason they were pushed back, people losing cap ship progress would be an absolute nightmare. Would overwhelm refund system as well.

Road map just means 'completed', it doesn't mean 100% free of bugs (vehicles irl are completed and then have a ton of issues that are discovered in the first few years of release).
No one can use factories without losing items. That's not a "bug." It means that those items in the road map aren't "completed."

I would like a response or explanation from FB as to when factory halls can actually be used. I would like an acknowledgement from FB that these items aren't "completed," because they are unusable. A development paradigm which moves on to other parts of the roadmap while previous items on the roadmap still don't work is a recipe for a low-pop game which has a 2 year lifespan. And no one wants that.