Throwables and C-4

1. C-4.
2. Flash grenade/flashbang.
3. Grenade. Not sure since we already have Grenade Launcher, but the Launcher takes up the Primary weapon slot.

Last edited:
I do not think grenades will be suitable for the style of combat in this game. They would only be practical in interior areas, and then because there's no gravity they'll bounce around until they go off. Combined with the fact that endos can dash around quickly with jetpacks, there's no real way to time a grenade- they'll just be thrown about carelessly for a random chance of killing someone. Same goes for flashbangs.
Ultimately there'd be little to no skill in using grenades, and it'd be a pain to die to effectively random explosions because someone is spamming grenades through a gap somewhere.

Last edited:

Brushes

Well-known endo
Sticky grenades than.

Charges and small explosives would be great for station assaults cause defenders will likely bolt obstacles down or close corridors.

Sticky grenades would be basically identical in function to a launcher, and charges can be supplemented by a launcher as well. I'm strongly of the opinion that grenades would just make explosives more spammable, where I believe they should be used sparingly against fighters and to blast open doors and walls.

Honestly, I do believe a launcher serves all of our explosive needs. The devs can adjust the reload time and ammo availability for the launcher as well to balance the use of explosives by exos. Adding grenades and charges seems like addition for the sake of it, which wouldn't add any new functions (aside from making explosives more rapid to use) and would just increase the number of things the devs have to balance.

Last edited:

Brushes

Well-known endo
Launchers are for long ranges and explode on impact, throwables and placeables offer close range arches and/or time delay. Grenades are more about fragments than explosive force, so shouldnt blow 2m wide holes through stations.

Last edited:

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I like remote detonated C4, Reminds me how in Battlefield you would slap one on a vehicle and wait for someone to get in.

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I'm not even sure if some of those would even make sense in a world of laser, photons, and other more sophisticated weapons.

BadgerBadger

Well-known endo
I don't know about that Joshua, I imaging slapping a remote charge to someone ship and waiting for them to leave the safe zone is going to be a thing, Or getting damaged/disabled outside the safezone and added a remote charge to your own ship in the hopes of using it as bait so that when they try and salvage it you can blow and take their ride.

Joshua

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I don't know about that Joshua, I imaging slapping a remote charge to someone ship and waiting for them to leave the safe zone is going to be a thing, Or getting damaged/disabled outside the safezone and added a remote charge to your own ship in the hopes of using it as bait so that when they try and salvage it you can blow and take their ride.
It might not be worth it though since you normally sell cargo in a safe zone. Also I kind of like Brushes idea in using it for mining. That might be worth the C4.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
C4 would totally make sense for mining and sabotage, although I'd say it would be bad for it to be placeable inside safe zones since that would lead to abuse, especially if the owner of the ship ant get it off.