Thruster Pulsing Thrust Value

XenoCow

Master endo
I think this is normal behavior to modulate the thrust output. Unless your ship is perfectly balanced, then the MFC will tell the thrusters to pulse a little to maintain constant direction. I may very well be wrong and have made mistakes on my ships too. My thrusters do this same thing.

Check your ThrusterCurrentThrust device field for all your thrusters and give them unique names. This has just fixed it for me.

Womble

Veteran endo
I think this is normal behavior to modulate the thrust output. Unless your ship is perfectly balanced, then the MFC will tell the thrusters to pulse a little to maintain constant direction. I may very well be wrong and have made mistakes on my ships too. My thrusters do this same thing.
I haven't seen this. Mostly the MFC will set the thrusters to values that don't need to change: a little lower for the ones that will push you off-centre because CoM and CoT aren't in perfect alignment/balance. Maybe it occurs in wildly unbalanced setups...

But while typing, I just thought: maybe it's because there's not enough battery to keep things in a steady flow... That can lead to unpredictable thruster firing.

XenoCow

Master endo
maybe it's because there's not enough battery to keep things in a steady flow
This could very well be one reason. I have seen this behavior on my ships with good battery power too, so there must be other causes too.

Check your ThrusterCurrentThrust device field for all your thrusters and give them unique names. This has just fixed it for me.
This fixed the issue, the other replies may have been fixes for other issues but not what I had described. Thanks a lot!