VR Headset Suggestions

Vel

Learned-to-sprint endo
Hello! I have tested and played VR many times and I'm looking into purchasing a headset for myself, I'm considering buying the Oculus Rift S which is 450€, it looks way better than the vive which is 600€ here.

Any tips or suggestions?

Vel

Learned-to-sprint endo
Yeah the Oculus Rift S is the one which suits me, both in price and use

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Has anyone tried playing with VR and being blind like me? I know you can get lenses and such for some of them but wondering those who wear glasses how they been overall?

Vel

Learned-to-sprint endo
I don't have considerable vision problems so it's fine for me, but I'd imagine it would look a bit out of focus if you wore it without glasses.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
Has anyone tried playing with VR and being blind like me? I know you can get lenses and such for some of them but wondering those who wear glasses how they been overall?
I looked into those in the past. From what I've read from reviews and such, they are quite good and comfy- akin to just having larger versions of your normal glasses.
Not good for people like me who have varying prescriptions, though.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I looked into those in the past. From what I've read from reviews and such, they are quite good and comfy- akin to just having larger versions of your normal glasses.
Not good for people like me who have varying prescriptions, though.
I just noticed my prescription has these added numbers and from my understanding it means I have astigmatism when googling it... Explains my headaches and getting dizzy and crap :(

So I'm 100% sure I'm sol I think even contacts as their much more expensive and I'm already too poor haha.

So yeah at least for the time being VR seems to be out of my reach.

Pulz

Learned-to-sprint endo
I just noticed my prescription has these added numbers and from my understanding it means I have astigmatism when googling it... Explains my headaches and getting dizzy and crap :(

So I'm 100% sure I'm sol I think even contacts as their much more expensive and I'm already too poor haha.

So yeah at least for the time being VR seems to be out of my reach.
I think prescription contacts would be the best way to go with VR- ensuring you take a few minutes break every 30m or so to prevent eyestrain (since VR technology literally does the opposite of what our glasses are designed for haha).

Definitely speak to your local Opticians about it though, they'll know what's best for you and should be able to better advise you on how to make the most of VR.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I think prescription contacts would be the best way to go with VR- ensuring you take a few minutes break every 30m or so to prevent eyestrain (since VR technology literally does the opposite of what our glasses are designed for haha).

Definitely speak to your local Opticians about it though, they'll know what's best for you and should be able to better advise you on how to make the most of VR.
Great suggestion about talking to the professional. It's better suggesting WebMD and reddit haha :)

Azelous

Veteran endo
As an owner of an HTC Vive, I can say there is definitely space for glasses built in. Not the easiest to do, but possible. Vive is well known for room tracking and in general hand tracking being very good (I’ve heard of other vr controllers drifting during play). What is not amazing about the HTC Vive is the screen door effect, and I’d advise a better headset if possible.

Vel

Learned-to-sprint endo
As an owner of an HTC Vive, I can say there is definitely space for glasses built in. Not the easiest to do, but possible. Vive is well known for room tracking and in general hand tracking being very good (I’ve heard of other vr controllers drifting during play). What is not amazing about the HTC Vive is the screen door effect, and I’d advise a better headset if possible.
I have tried the Vive and you're right, the screen door effect is terrible but you get used to it. I'll be getting a Rift S, which improves on all the vision related stuff but maybe has a bit less tracking precision. I don't really care about that since i'm not a developer tbh.

Azelous

Veteran endo
I have tried the Vive and you're right, the screen door effect is terrible but you get used to it. I'll be getting a Rift S, which improves on all the vision related stuff but maybe has a bit less tracking precision. I don't really care about that since i'm not a developer tbh.
It becomes a constant issue when attempting to read text. When playing Elite Dangerous it was very frustrating trying to read the ui.

ST2005

Learned-to-sprint endo
Eh, sadly, it seems that game won't have vr support in ea. But Pulsar: Lost Colony hadnt it either, tho it is present now. Also, some headsets can work as second monitor, so you could consider this as an option.

Mci

Active endo
I currently own a DK2 Oculus. They come with short lenses that allow you to put your glasses on inside the unit in case your correction lenses aren't covered in the normal adjustment setup.