Weapon Expansion, a few ideas for more anti-ship weapons.

Which three concepts on this list do you like the most, if at all?

• Total voters

Burnside

Master endo
I selected the rail gun/cannon, but not as a complete weapon, but components to build a weapon so you are not limited by size. You should be able to launch large masses, like asteroids, at bases.
That's what the rail mortar is a short range super-big railgun with barrel extensions/speed upgrades

Amos.37

Veteran endo
An idea for an EMP/ion style weapon.

A shot similar to the current plasma weapon, but it does no damage to structure. Instead, any wiring within a small radius of the impact is damaged. Idea being that it disables small ships and can disable surface systems on larger ships with minimal structural damage.
I'd suggest either a slow projectile and/or slow fire rate so that this weapon can't chew through small ships.

Uses ionised gas as ammo, requiring a special magazine similar to plasma weapons. If the magazine is destroyed, the explosion would destroy all wiring in a radius around it, disabling the ship using it.

The weapon could be modified to use different gases that have greater ion effect, faster fire rate, faster projectile speed, at the cost or benefit of greater or lower power consumption.
In fact, this weapon could potentially be a modified version of the plasma weapon.

I would to have some customization for the guns. Like you would pick rate of fire, ammo type, aiming/turning speed.

You would have a certain amount of points to put into different fields, heavier weapons alot more points. And each field would have it's own plus/minus effects. So you could have a fast firing gun with horrible long range accuracy but good spread for CQC.

I just want to slap a bunch of slow reloading heavy cannons on a rotor and fire it like an oversized minigun.

I would to have some customization for the guns. Like you would pick rate of fire, ammo type, aiming/turning speed.

You would have a certain amount of points to put into different fields, heavier weapons alot more points. And each field would have it's own plus/minus effects. So you could have a fast firing gun with horrible long range accuracy but good spread for CQC.

I just want to slap a bunch of slow reloading heavy cannons on a rotor and fire it like an oversized minigun.
Fire rate, and turning speed in different axis are already in.

XenoCow

Master endo
I'd like to chip in my idea for the EMP weapon. I think that it could affect different tiers of electronics differently.
  • For the highest price ones, they would be almost or nearly immune to the EMPs.
  • The next level down would take minor damage (if any) but mess with the yolol values for a little bit to throw off controls.
  • The cheapest chips would have significant damage on top of the messed with variables.
The variable noise could also apply to reactor/thruster outputs and cause misfires of weapons.

This kind of EMP damage could then warrant a shielded, more expensive, type of wiring that would be more resistant to the EMP damage.