YOLOL Syntax Highlighting for Notepad++

XenoCow

Master endo
YOLOLHighlighting.png

(Example of syntax highlighting... also hint at the project)

I've been working on some code generators for a project that requires hundreds of chips so I can just copy and paste the program into all those chips. So, to make my life easier when reviewing that the code generated is what I want it to, some syntax highlighting helps. If any of you would like to use this (or improve it) please feel free! Enjoy.

Guide to Install:
  1. Open the User Defined Languages Menu Language > User Defined Language > Define your Language
  2. Click Import at the top of the menu that popped up
  3. Select the yololUDL.xml file that was within yololUDL.zip that you downloaded here
  4. Close the popup window
  5. Restart Notepad++
  6. To swich to YOLOL as the language, click Language > YOLOL
Note:
  • This only works with a dark background theme
    • To change the style, open Settings > Style Configurator...
    • Select an option from the Select Theme dropdown menu at the top of the pop-up menu
      • I use Obsidian

Attachments

Last edited:

XenoCow

Master endo
I have updated the User Defined Language to fix some issues it had parsing. Also, since I have been asked about how to add it, I have added a guide.

Askannon

Veteran endo
To post a bit of additional information from the eyes of someone elseon this:
the highlighting is for a darker background style than the default white.
And the "install" guide is missing one possible step between steps 4 and 5: restarting notepad++

XenoCow

Master endo
To post a bit of additional information from the eyes of someone elseon this:
the highlighting is for a darker background style than the default white.
And the "install" guide is missing one possible step between steps 4 and 5: restarting notepad++
I have added notes about that to the original post. Thank you for catching those.