Endo Skeleton Modification and Capability?

Disclaimer: This is all suggestion and not to be taken literally. Nor do i have any solid evidence of the current and planned Gameplay

Edit #1 This first post is more of a ramble and not really the main point i wanted to bring up. Post #12 is what i would like to see, so go there and see what i hope will be more doable as well as useful to the future of this games uniqueness.

My Ideas for this are more towards, RPG and PVP style of combat, I like the idea that Endos will still be able to function even with body parts missing, but i was wondering what would happen with these specific parts are missing.

Off with their Heads!

Legs and arms are rather simple to understand, but i heard that there would be bonus damage to the head of Endos, which doesn't quite make sense to me. I personally think the head appendage should be allowing players to look 360 as well as a zoom function, while without the Head their vision could be limited to 90 and no zoom function. This could also be circumvented if there was a "nano drone" modification that could be applied to give the third person perspective.

Aim For The Heart

For the Thoracic Area, modifications could probably be, Cargo, Defense, and Auxiliary Movement.

Cargo:

Material Space, such as Ores or alloys, best for Miners and builders.

If Survival comes then a Battery pack, or a fuel tank, depending on which they choose could be good ones to have for deep space explorers or haulers.

Ammo Drums Perhaps, for those Heavy weapons people, If heavy Endo weapons come to be.

Defense:

Different armor to protect cpu, from Kinetic, Blast, Thermal, and or Emp damage either from Weapons or Environment, and possibly Radiation shielding if such come to being.

Auxiliary Movement:

Servos, to improve appendicular motion, could probably improve aim. Or make Mining, running, and weapon draw faster.

Thrusters, obviously will make traversal of 3D space a bit more quickly, could also impede aim when in use. Could grant higher altitude when on the moons, or double jumps.

Appendicular Modification could have, Enhanced Speed Servos, Enhanced control Servos, Cargo, and Defense.

Enhanced Speed Servos, Increased movement when walking or running on ships and celestial entities. May also increase draw and ready speed for weapons.

Enhanced Control Servos, Better aim with Handheld weapons, more minute movement ability.

Defense to help keep the limbs on or to keep functioning from Kinetic, Blast, Thermal, and or Emp damage either from Weapons or Environment, and possibly Radiation shielding.

Cargo, Extra pockets, could reduce control and speed of limbs.

Any other ideas would appreciated as well as thoughts and concerns for what i have said will also bee appreciated.

Last edited:
cool ideas though i think some of those would add to much complexity to the endo side of the game, quite a bit is already somewhat advanced and can be alot to learn especially for new players that won't have any previous experience with the game

BadNation

Well-known endo
It makes sense to me that shots to the head do more, I think of the head like the cpu of the endo

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I really like this idea, although it could probably be simplified a bit to have it just tied to the current armour slots. (Head, torso, legs arms, hands, feet as well as all the plating) If it is too complex, it might drive away new players or take away focus from ship design.

cool ideas though i think some of those would add to much complexity to the endo side of the game, quite a bit is already somewhat advanced and can be alot to learn especially for new players that won't have any previous experience with the game
Didn't they show that the endo can still function after having the head shot off? Also the cpu would be best placed in the chest so that it wouldn't be so easy to take out of commission.

Continuing with the idea of vision, instead maybe the endo could have a secondary vision, such radar that players can utilize when there optics are shot off.

Very true, this was a bit painful to make up, so modification of the endos would be a bit to much, but i still have issues with the Head Damage, it just doesn't make sense for machines to have the cpu in the head, sure humans have that but these are endos not organics, not to mention the size of the optics themselves.

Crazy idea here:

What about different Frames, Such as the standard frame where new players start out with and then a X model Frame that players can purchase, this frame would most likely appeal to FPS PVP RPG players, but again this is starbase, a fantastic ship building game.

Ars

Endokid
Very strange and interesting idea .

The ability to add additional limbs to the endos .
For example, you can bolt 3 hands to yourself and carry 2 weapons in it.
Or you can get 2 more hands and go with 2 miniguns firing hundreds of rounds per minute.

Very strange and interesting idea .

The ability to add additional limbs to the endos .
For example, you can bolt 3 hands to yourself and carry 2 weapons in it.
Or you can get 2 more hands and go with 2 miniguns firing hundreds of rounds per minute.
Additional limbs? oops, my apologies for the confusion, i was more looking towards being able to detach and replace limbs or have aspects to change some functionality to the Endos, and is the tool bar not enough?

Also, if being able to become a General Grievous did come to pass, a whole new work shop station would be ideal, especially to set the Yolo, we would also have to become adept at animation as well, and so we are right back to where extra levels of modification would be way to much to be agreeable for newer players, lets continue on with the dope destruction and ship physics for now.

MoneylooJr

Well-known endo
As great as this all sounds, I think it'd be best to stick to everyone being the same stat-wise and just keep using back pieces for special abilities or playstyle fitting gear. That way everyone is one a mostly even playing field and differences are really minor, easy to swap between, and fairly easy to spot on their model.
That said though, I would absolutely love different (purely cosmetic) endo frame types. It'd help make the Endos look a little less samey.

As great as this all sounds, I think it'd be best to stick to everyone being the same stat-wise and just keep using back pieces for special abilities or playstyle fitting gear. That way everyone is one a mostly even playing field and differences are really minor, easy to swap between, and fairly easy to spot on their model.
That said though, I would absolutely love different (purely cosmetic) endo frame types. It'd help make the Endos look a little less samey.
This is a great suggestion, Allowing players to be creative with their endos while not making it to complex for new players to enjoy.

Still think the head shouldn't have more damage, should be loss of some kind of functionality. Wasn't aware of what i wanted to say about it and just added to much. I will edit a few things soon.

MoneylooJr

Well-known endo
This is a great suggestion, Allowing players to be creative with their endos while not making it to complex for new players to enjoy.

Still think the head shouldn't have more damage, should be loss of some kind of functionality. Wasn't aware of what i wanted to say about it and just added to much. I will edit a few things soon.
Eh, if done right. I don't like taking away the skill-focus the game has right now. Everything the player can and can't do is based on their skill and tools. Stat changes would throw a wrench into that.

Totally agree with you on the head damage though. I really liked the Endos needing chestshots and not headshots, it was a pretty unique idea and made sense. Don't get why they changed that instead of sticking with it.