anyone got game suggestions to play while we wait for the next 6 delays

shado20

Veteran endo
a delay of a delay of a delay.
enough is enough, anyone know of a fun game made by competent devs that know what they are doing.
this game was to be EA in Q1 2021, they waited till the last minute to announce a delayed announcement of EA in may, which waited till the last minute to announce a delay of June 17th, now 1 week till this date another delay of over a month! all this with CA invites on hold for a driver problem that can be quick fixed by installing an older driver(as we have done in other games throughout history) , but after it was fixed they delay and make up excuses of why they are not inviting more into CA.
now we are sitting here with a July 29 delay with a hollow promise of a massive invite wave for CA... wtf , why not launch EA then. but the last massive wave of invites was only 100 so with history as the truth teller. don't expect much!
for the most part most have been quiet on this as "we only have to wait till June 17th" don't rock the boat its only a month away, 3 weeks , 2 weeks away..... 1 week no 7 weeks
all the while we are told that yes this launch date is a go, it is happening! .... nop
so now i don't believe a single word the devs say about doing anything, they can not be trusted with their own announcements!
so anyone have a game suggestion?

Patience is virtue.

With some people, you only get one initial impression of a game and if it's not up to expectations, they won't come back and will possibly trash talk the game to others. They just look for short term rewards and won't be patient with the devs, even when they show nothing but reason and transparency as Frozenbyte does.

I get that you are disappointed, maybe even a little emotional. But good start is crucial for any MMO, because without people playing regularly and coming back, there is no game in the long run.

So ask yourself - are you looking for something to play for a short time and then throw away? Or do you want Starbase to have the best chances to keep people (who will have to pay a sum of their money) playing in the long term?

Shulace

Well-known endo
When an early access game launches the public perception is that the game has LAUNCHED which means whatever stigma gets associated with the title upon the release/date sold day will stick with the game forever. This makes getting new players/customers hard, this is why companies generally rebrand their products, its harder for video games, especially MMOs which rely heavily on constant influx of players throughout the years to stay alive and grow.

Frozenbyte probably discerned that whatever they currently have is not good enough to retain a healthy population on a long term basis, pretty much ALL MMOs that have launched with bare minimum, buggy and exploitable content up to this point have failed. I give them credit for pushing the date back if they know whatever they have is not good enough but they still deserve a little flak for giving out a EA date when things were not set in stone and they knew they were lacking.

I kind of saw this coming when they were talking about doing a massive test before EA, simply not enough time to fix all the things that will break in those tests. Some people went as far as to take days off work, though its common knowledge at this point these things happen and they bear the responsibility themselves for taking that risk.

I just hope the mass tests gets everyone who signed up in to really stress test the game. Though I really doubt they will do this and they'll try to keep it within workable numbers till EA.

Last edited:
Be glad that they value delivering a good product because a lot of devs nowadays just release whatever (Elite Dangerous) and ruin the game. I think starbase has a lot of potential the devs just want to make a stable release which i dont blame them for.

shado20

Veteran endo
Patience is virtue.
haven't herd of that 2 games yet, where are they?

i don't mind if they need to delay, just announce it not at the last minute! as i said they announced it would be ready in the Q1 of 2021, in January or February they had to know it was not going to be ready, so announce it ASAP! they had all of April to figure it out and was announcing it would be ready in may, so they announced it would be ready on June 17. now if the delay was a week or 2 then the last minute announcement is understandable, but over a month push back at the last minute shows they have no idea what a time table is. they will lose more players with this constant delay then they will if it was a mediocre launch.

anyhow no mans sky shows you can have a shitty launch and be ok so don't give me this crap about stigma of a game!

Walord

Active endo
while i do agree with the rest
anyhow no mans sky shows you can have a shitty launch and be ok so don't give me this crap about stigma of a game!
that just isnt true, it might've worked for no man sky because its not an mmo, it's not reliante on the amount of player in the game for it to work. Anyone can launch the game at anytime and it'll work, for mmo's it doesnt work that way, try to raid in wow with less than the required number, try and play eve without the community

Joelfett

Well-known endo
haven't herd of that 2 games yet, where are they?

i don't mind if they need to delay, just announce it not at the last minute! as i said they announced it would be ready in the Q1 of 2021, in January or February they had to know it was not going to be ready, so announce it ASAP! they had all of April to figure it out and was announcing it would be ready in may, so they announced it would be ready on June 17. now if the delay was a week or 2 then the last minute announcement is understandable, but over a month push back at the last minute shows they have no idea what a time table is. they will lose more players with this constant delay then they will if it was a mediocre launch.

maybe dont rub salt on a wound and someone will give you a good answer

shado20

Veteran endo
salt
that's all that is left

they need some salt into the wound so it reminds them what they are doing to others.
we play other games, this game is coming out for EA so i wanna hit the ground running, so i shutdown and pack up my other game for nothing. now we have nothing to play. last minutes "F"en BS!

Last edited:

Joelfett

Well-known endo
salt
that's all that is left

they need some salt into the wound so it reminds them what they are doing to others.
we play other games, this game is coming out for EA so i wanna hit the ground running, so i shutdown and pack up my other game for nothing. now we have nothing to play. last minutes "F"en BS!
maybe dont rub salt on a wound and someone will give you a good answer