Ranks and squads. Rank editor!

Aha

Veteran endo
I imagine having ranks within a company/faction just as modular as shipbuilding. I imagine a rank editor which itself is editable, uploading station/ship/door/blueprint/whatever rights into it.
Like having a rank level with the set allowances (those were puzzled too already together by the leader) plus to that same level a secondary distinction rank with extra allowances and/or restrictions.
For example, I would have my highest officers having different roles thus different personal extra access to things but on the same rank level.
Squad leaders and their squad members would be able to access only what their distinctive inner ranks provide. And ofc a Squad leader could make editions of his inner ranking if his rank is set to allow such thing as a rank wouldn't just be a rank but also POSSIBLY a sub-group.
Let's say a whole company joins my faction, as an option I could give their leader a "fleet commander" rank safely set up with the necessary allowances and temporary or permanent restrictions towards my faction's assets via the secondary distinction rank and let him organize his sub-groups as he had it, have his people under him as he had it.

Directly comes to this my other idea the squad differentiation.
I imagine being able to create my own rank logos let's say in paint, be able to upload it into the rank editor.
As I plan to lead a faction I imagine (yes I imagine a lot :))having fleet commanders in my faction who would have their rank mark and distinctive color showing up from their transponder signal. (having the transponder set to "send faction rank") Then within that fleet, there are squadrons and so on. Again, "modular"
Within a fleet, let's say the "purple fleet" there could be color differentiation again so the fleet commander sees who is what and of course, you could set that the differentiation transponder signal WITHIN the fleet shows up only to that fleet (rank group). To everyone else within the faction, everything is just purple.
This would help Foot soldiers to be organized too. (Endo upgrade -> personal transponder)
I believe these would enrich the game in the way you would like your game to be, MMO!

Last edited:
I really like the idea too, but i think there would be a problem with the selfmade Logos uploading. (Because of inappropriate Pictures etc)
But this kind of system would definetly improve the game in my opinion!

Aha

Veteran endo
I really like the idea too, but i think there would be a problem with the selfmade Logos uploading. (Because of inappropriate Pictures etc)
But this kind of system would definetly improve the game in my opinion!
Good point.
I think the logo uploading should be a privilige of a large enough faction then.
Like that the number of uploaders wouldnt be overwhelming to filter their uploads.
Also forgot to include in my suggestion the possibility to display your rank with the unique faction logo on your Endo.