Update on upcoming features and some recent discussion topics and events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coy

Active endo
Don't be a jerk to those of us who are tired of being attacked and having everything we build distroyed to the point of quiting. I see this in every game that claims to have pvp. People use that as an excuse to rampage, camp and other wise distroy the game for others. "I'm allowed to pvp".
Fight back then or don't leave safe zone. Twas everyone's choice to leave safezone, you even have to tick a little box in the settings to even leave the safezone. No one forced those players to risk their ships. If they needed some ore they could have used the auction house and bought from another player who is willing to risk more. Its risk and reward my friend.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Don't be a jerk to those of us who are tired of being attacked and having everything we build distroyed to the point of quiting. I see this in every game that claims to have pvp. People use that as an excuse to rampage, camp and other wise distroy the game for others. "I'm allowed to pvp".
Guess what dude, you never have to lose your shit. Dont leave a safe zone, and you never will. ever. and if you do, the devs will refund you, and fix the game if its broken, or ban the player that messed with you almost too fast, the devs have hammered this subject more than any other, seems like..
If you decided to leave the safe zone, thats your choice. no one else's but yours. We all are in danger when we leave that safe zone. Pvp people are included. You are being the jerk. People with bad attitudes make very fun targets in game. just saying.
Seriously, im just speaking for myself. But, if i come across a dude i dont know, and i have intentions on doing some shenanigans, im more likely to chill some if the dude has a good attitude, and i dont see an immediate threat to pull my trigger. i just may say, hey give me this or that, and ill be on my way, and you are left alive with your ship still intact. But, someone who is shitting on what i like? As in, people like yourself? yea, im going to put so many holes in your ship, and make sure you walk away with nothing. So, be nice. it might save your endo. lol

Yes, we are. Outside the safe zone in this game is explicitly lawless. We all know that. You want to civilized the badlands, take part, or leave them alone.

J.D.

Veteran endo
I dont get it... You have a game like this, with trailers that show a shit ton of combat, guns, a damage model that really entices combat etc, and then these people come in here expecting a my little pony convention or something. XD seriously, im beyond confused what they are thinking.

Coy

Active endo
I dont get it... You have a game like this, with trailers that show a shit ton of combat, guns, a damage model that really entices combat etc, and then these people come in here expecting a my little pony convention or something. XD seriously, im beyond confused what they are thinking.
sad but true

blazemonger

Veteran endo
A general observation...

What is interesting is several here being very upset and annoyed if anyone speak up against anything anyone in their circles does, yet at ever possible opportunity do the exact same thing they accuse others of.

Yes, I agree that generalizing PVPers are griefers in nonsense. At the same time though, the senseless "I'm shooting at you just because i have a gun and I can" really does not help the game. Having PV in a game is not a get out of jail card for unbridled aggression specifically focused against those who can't defend.

I've seen several occurrences where "a PVPer" attacks, discovers he is actually engaged and then runs for the safe zone to prevent losing his ship, crappy as it may be. PVP should not mean "just shoot the guy". Besides that not really doing any good for yourself currently as all you do is take away someone else's stuff without being able to take it yourself, how about being an actual pirate and hold someone for ransom. I guy in a Marmot, mining? Hold him for 50K .. a bigger ship, increase your price.

I guess what I'm saying is while it's unfair to just mark any "pirate" as a griefer, as that is simply not the case, denying there is not too much creativity or actual interaction from the side of PVP players in general is pretty close to the mark. I just do not understand how some holding these ideas do not realize that all they accomplish is chase off other players and eventually end up with.. players they can't or are not willing to fight, effectively killing the game..

Yes, I agree that generalizing PVPers are griefers in nonsense. At the same time though, the senseless "I'm shooting at you just because i have a gun and I can" really does not help the game. Having PV in a game is not a get out of jail card for unbridled aggression specifically focused against those who can't defend.
I can see the problem with what I would call gankers can be. If they're so much stronger than the average player heading out there that they stand no chance, it will hurt the game, though perhaps a bounty system could help with that in the long run. But I also think the chance of running into trouble if you're heading out there without armor and guns should be too large to be worth the risk. It's the expectation that it will go smooth without being intercepted by pirates or kill on sight enemies that is some of the problem here. If people went out there with ships designed to take a beating and able to fight back, it would cause more interesting interactions between players. Like the cat hunting a hedgehog, it gets it's nose stung and retreats, if it finds a mouse however, it will play with it until it's dead.

But currently, I believe people do head out there unarmoured and unarmed, gets intercepted by an enemy and shot to pieces. They decided to risk it without a capable ship. They got punished for it. If they don't get punished for it often enough it will be a viable method of gathering resources, but every interaction they have with enemies will be boring and onesided. If they get punished for it often enough, they will have to adapt by making more capable ships, or going out there in groups.

blazemonger

Veteran endo
That's fair enough @Alendo .. A lot of complaints either way woudl rewally be due to the game being early alpha and incomplete. Personally I'm fine with that and can see those issues get worked out over time, for instance once ECM like functionality comes in to allow non combatant players to mitigate the risk.

J.D.

Veteran endo
That's fair enough @Alendo .. A lot of complaints either way woudl rewally be due to the game being early alpha and incomplete. Personally I'm fine with that and can see those issues get worked out over time, for instance once ECM like functionality comes in to allow non combatant players to mitigate the risk.
man, where are you getting this info from? There is no ecm planned. There is, however, lukium, which is already in game, and it serves as a radiation insulator, as well as a good armor rating.

Last edited:

blazemonger

Veteran endo
man, where are you getting this info from? There is no ecm planned. There is, however, lukium, which is already in game, and it serves as a radiation insulator, as well as a good armor rating.
Who says no ECM like mechanics are coming? Radiation mechanics by themselves could very well be used to create ECM. I wonder what you consider ECM to be, as it seems you have a limited understanding of the concept.

ECM are any device or tool intended to interrupt, mislead or deflect an opponent using detection or locking mechanics like radar, sonar or, yes.. detectors for oh, say radiation. Decoys emitting high levels of radiation to mislead opponents are by definition ECM.

There is nothing on the 2022 roadmap in this regard sure, but it would only make sense for ECM to eventually arrive in some form of another.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Who says no ECM like mechanics are coming? Radiation mechanics by themselves could very well be used to create ECM. I wonder what you consider ECM to be, as it seems you have a limited understanding of the concept.

ECM are any device or tool intended to interrupt, mislead or deflect an opponent using detection or locking mechanics like radar, sonar or, yes.. detectors for oh, say radiation. Decoys emitting high levels of radiation to mislead opponents are by definition ECM.

There is nothing on the 2022 roadmap in this regard sure, but it would only make sense for ECM to eventually arrive in some form of another.
Dude. ECM means ELECTRONIC countermeasures… you speak about things that you expect to come that had not been mentioned. You are giving players a false idea of the game. I could understand if the devs specifically said they have a yolol able ECM coming. But they haven’t..

Last edited:
I can see the problem with what I would call gankers can be. If they're so much stronger than the average player heading out there that they stand no chance, it will hurt the game, though perhaps a bounty system could help with that in the long run. But I also think the chance of running into trouble if you're heading out there without armor and guns should be too large to be worth the risk. It's the expectation that it will go smooth without being intercepted by pirates or kill on sight enemies that is some of the problem here. If people went out there with ships designed to take a beating and able to fight back, it would cause more interesting interactions between players. Like the cat hunting a hedgehog, it gets it's nose stung and retreats, if it finds a mouse however, it will play with it until it's dead.

But currently, I believe people do head out there unarmoured and unarmed, gets intercepted by an enemy and shot to pieces. They decided to risk it without a capable ship. They got punished for it. If they don't get punished for it often enough it will be a viable method of gathering resources, but every interaction they have with enemies will be boring and onesided. If they get punished for it often enough, they will have to adapt by making more capable ships, or going out there in groups.

A good way to not get ganked is to not fly straight into the belt from Origin. Which so many people do. Gankers succeed mainly due to laziness of their targets.

Vorg

Well-known endo
Lost track of which post it was, but someone said try a bounty system. I have yet to see that work. those who are the problem have more time then sense and thus the resources that they don't care. I had managed to get a nice mining setup in Eve and was mining in .9 space. I was attacked but a group that hit so fast, they got my ship, my can and my pod before I could do anything. The group I played with put out several large bounties which did not even slow them down. I haven't played eve since.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Lost track of which post it was, but someone said try a bounty system. I have yet to see that work. those who are the problem have more time then sense and thus the resources that they don't care. I had managed to get a nice mining setup in Eve and was mining in .9 space. I was attacked but a group that hit so fast, they got my ship, my can and my pod before I could do anything. The group I played with put out several large bounties which did not even slow them down. I haven't played eve since.
Why do you even play a game that has any pvp at all if your mind is set that way? Nothing is going to stop that from happening in this game outside the safe zones. Nothing at all…in fact, LauriFB literally said that Frozenbyte guarantees your loss of everything outside the safe zone, he said if not by player, by asteroid. That was his exact words. so why even bother with games like this? There are solo space games.

Last edited:

Vorg

Well-known endo
Why should I not be allowed to play MP games and be forsted to single player just because others get their kicks distroying peoples work?

Why should I not be allowed to play MP games and be forsted to single player just because others get their kicks distroying peoples work?
Why would you ever attain anything more than what you have, or improve on anything, if nothing you create is ever actually tested?

J.D.

Veteran endo
I never said you were not allowed. thats your choice. But, this pvp thing people like will never, ever go away. This game is obviously pvp from the get go. You making statements here about how you hate it wont change it. Even if the devs took away the ability to gank outside the safezone of the game, not only would that change the game on a fundamental level, but would kill it.
We have a player economy right? the economy benefits from a demand, and a supply. People who grind the ores, and build the parts are bringing in the supply. In this game, pvp serves as the very reason the economy stays alive. If you have a whole bunch of players bringing in ore, with no obstacles, (pirates, gankers, whatever you want to call them) the market is flooded with these items, and the price is forced to drop ridiculously because everyone is undercutting each other to benefit. eventually, as the path keeps going in this direction, the market falls apart. no one is selling because no one is buying. That alone would kill the game if it were only played by pve people. because i can promise you a if the devs were to try to baby sit outside the safe zone, this player base will never grow, and the game will die. Im as sure as sure gets. many would quit. I would be one of them.
It dont matter how much you hate it. you can complain all day everyday. But, its an mmo, and there are many people with many different play styles, and some of them you just wont like, but will have to deal with it. Because the thing people like yourself want, would destroy the game, and none of us would be able to play. You guys have a safe zone you can stay inside and build anything you want. Even the rarest of ores will be on the market at some point...
People just like pvp. youll never win that argument. The most toxic game ive ever played, is rust. I really like the game. in this game you can take days to build a base if you constantly make mistakes on how you go about it, and loose it in 5 minutes while people scream a bunch of random nonsense, and the most obscene shit youve ever heard, all while beating you down constantly, even when you spawn as a naked with nothing. ive seen people literally cry on their mic. you think there wasnt any bad reviews? lmao man there were a shit load in the early days. made me wonder if the game would survive. people kept talking about being ganked all the time. but, still, it has grown huge. over 100,000 people play that game a day. one of the leading mmos on steam. crazy huh? last i checked, our player base was barely over 4k. people just like pvp. You are arguing with a play style that overshadows yours greatly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.