EA Update 22.9.2021 (Early Access Build 627)

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
EA_Build_627.png

Patch type: Minor

Notes about bug fixes

A bug fix fixes one certain issue. It does not fix the entire feature. These notes never should be seen as a promise that a feature is fully fixed.

Player Stations

• Fixed an issue that caused Player Stations to be uninteractable in certain cases
  • Fixed an issue where items bolted to the Factory Hall Areas became detached and eventually disappeared
Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where ore was getting lost during transfers
Ship Designer
  • Fixed an issue which caused buying a ship to fail in certain cases
Known Issues

Note: some of the issues were already in the previous live version.
  • Multiple players using a Resource Bridge simultaneously trying to transfer ores to their Station Storage via the right click context menu can cause the Player's Station Storage to become locked up
    • Restarting the game fixes this and the Station Storage becomes usable again
  • Cabling and Piping inside Factory Hall Areas does not properly work for items that are not directly connected to each other via bolts
  • Beams cannot be welded to other Beams that have been bolted to Factory Hall Areas
  • Unwelding Station modules places them incorrectly to Player's Storage instead of Station Storage in certain cases
  • Easy Build Mode object placement does not always work inside Factory Hall Areas

Last edited:

Varg

Endokid
How did these issues not get addressed in closed alpha? This is a really bad look for the future development of the game.

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
How did these issues not get addressed in closed alpha? This is a really bad look for the future development of the game.
In Closed Alpha, stations worked and were built completely differently, and ships were bought purely with credits. Some issues were not present in CA at all.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then, there were mechanics and features. Those features and mechanics give rise to bugs. Having a bug or an issue doesn't in any way mean it was there since CA. Changes to present mechanics also result in bugs now and then.

shado20

Veteran endo
the game in CA was completely different, the uneasy build mode was not a thing, stations where way better.

Womble

Veteran endo
In Closed Alpha, stations worked and were built completely differently, and ships were bought purely with credits. Some issues were not present in CA at all.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then, there were mechanics and features. Those features and mechanics give rise to bugs. Having a bug or an issue doesn't in any way mean it was there since CA. Changes to present mechanics also result in bugs now and then.
Additionally:
In some cases maybe, in CA, the volume of activity was low enough that the servers/netcode could keep up, and sometimes, with a larger concurrent player count, they now struggle, so "desync happens".

Was about to say something, but you just said everything. Thank you good sir. (y)

Additionally:
In some cases maybe, in CA, the volume of activity was low enough that the servers/netcode could keep up, and sometimes, with a larger concurrent player count, they now struggle, so "desync happens".
I work on that field of tech, and that does happen a lot. Good addition btw. Several bugs never showed up before because the game servers and infrastructure simply wasn't stressed enough yet. MMOs tend to have more than half of its bugs caused by hardware and networking limitations.
For an example, check on youtube for the fabled Medusa System exploit. In a nutshell, networking exploit caused by manipulating effects of hardware/networking limitations.

fr4me01

Active endo
Shifting all the development towards Easy Build mode seems to be the source of literally every single problem this game has encountered since whoever decided to push it through last minute.

It's really a shame the launch week had to go that poorly for all the new players solely due to that decision.

And now we have horrible stations, horrible "newbie friendly building mechanics for ships" and all this other crap that doesn't work because you are shoe horning everything into fitting the easy build mold. (What happened to "not everyone has to build ships, there will be hundreds of ship shops!")

I don't know why pre-ea launch "lets just take a month and make some tutorials on how to use the systems we already have in place that work correctly and teach people step by step how to build and repair ships the way the entire game has been built around up until this point" wasn't brought up.

Easy Build mode could have been worked on in the background slowly and given time to develop instead of forcing it front and center, essentially breaking most of the core game for everyone the first week forcing development delays across the board when you set all your devs to emergency damage control that entire first month.

:confused: Come on Frozenbyte. Dont waste the potential of the game you have here.

• Fixed an issue where items bolted to the Factory Hall Areas became detached and eventually disappeared
Have tried twice today in my factory to bolt pieces to the floor and had pieces float off (with bolts still attached), or have almost everything disappear upon relog. Unfortunately it's still bugged, some people in the discord with small factory zones seem to have pretty stable factories with a few objects.

Because bugs and errors and other technical issues can arise after the implementation of new items, mechanics, codes and a variety of other things. The developers could add moon-mining for example and then break 50 other components of the game in the process. It doesn't look bad for the future of the game at all, it shows the Developers are pro-actively looking for solutions to problems as and when they present themselves. This is purely of course my own opinion, but I think the state of Development is going swimmingly and with the increased pressure of an increasingly demanding audience, I think FB are doing amazingly well! Can't wait for the next Major update with some new content :)

shado20

Veteran endo
we don't need new content! we need starbase's , its the name of the game , we need working starbases!

Greebo

Well-known endo
Yeah its not fixed, lost an entire refueling station from my factory hall last night.
I haven't lost any of mine yet, anything you can identify that you did that might have affected jt? Picked up a factory hall edge to put back down? Is this a brand new factory or one from before?

Shot in the dark, but hopefully let's see if we can give the devs more info

shado20

Veteran endo
TPG has been having missive problems with this. so much we have for the most part quit quit playing until they FIX IT!