Starbase Update News

*FS*

Well-known endo
WOW! Blows just my mind to see this post!.. What really made me rage quit was a few Dev videos back where the lady said and i QUOTE! "So if you don't want to login to the game! That's OK! Will still be here when you decide to play again!" END QUOTE!
Well so much for empty promises.. or all the hard work everyone that tried to promote the game and defend it.. Egg in our faces! Gee Thx's!

WOW! Blows just my mind to see this post!.. What really made me rage quit was a few Dev videos back where the lady said and i QUOTE! "So if you don't want to login to the game! That's OK! Will still be here when you decide to play again!" END QUOTE! Well so much for empty promises.. or all the hard work everyone that tried to promote the game and defend it.. Egg in our faces! Gee Thx's!
more information has come to light. Perhaps watch kenetor's starbase update news.

additionally there has been an update where they released all the mostly finished features that they were holding onto for more polish. i think saying empty promises and egg in our faces is excessive and hyperbolic.

the game is running and has a plethora of new features, including a bunch of basic ones and qol stuff. you can mine moons and build and warp capitals and all materials are available.

the daily average pop is also about double what it was before.

shado20

Veteran endo
more information has come to light. Perhaps watch kenetor's starbase update news.

additionally there has been an update where they released all the mostly finished features that they were holding onto for more polish. i think saying empty promises and egg in our faces is excessive and hyperbolic.

the game is running and has a plethora of new features, including a bunch of basic ones and qol stuff. you can mine moons and build and warp capitals and all materials are available.

the daily average pop is also about double what it was before.
yes this is true,
BUT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME CONVINCING people to come back and try the game because they pulled development of the game. the only reason my friends and I walked away was we could not get away from the starting stations and live out on our own. this patch was fixed this reason, but then created a bigger problem of getting players back with the announcement! FB has always been one step forward, then two steps back!

Maybe if you listened to the players and what they wanted, you wouldn't have such a major problem on your hands. Stop being stubborn and put all your work into creating a major update for PVE. This is what will get you sales. People will want to play because there will be a point to the gameplay.

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
Stop being stubborn and put all your work into creating a major update for PVE.
or pvp. The lack of good analogue input(look at starcit relative and mouse modes using VJOY, and how they tie in to HOSAS/HOTAS support, call me, FB, I can tell you what you need and what you need to STOP doing.. looking at you hardcoded deadzone added in a hotfix despite levers having the option for it), and FCU's operating in percentage instead of a desired degrees per second just makes the whole flight experience feel like crap. A LOT of people are waiting for combat updates before getting back into the game too. I still can't understand where in FB's mind they thought going to CA with these controls was okay for anything but an internal test build.. much less EA.
Given just those two changes, and some community events like.. the one tomorrow.. they could get a lot of people interested.

PvE content (like ai) is important, but I feel like its more effort than just repairing the existing pvp stuff.

Here is hoping we can see FB recover and make SB what is should be <3

shado20

Veteran endo
I'm starting to see a bigger problem with the game.
stations are to cheep, unless there is more very expensive station modules coming to game, there is no reward for taking the risk to attack one.
capital ships are more expensive than stations but still way to cheep...
but the bigger problem is , how is money getting into the economy? all I'm seeing is money is created when you sell minerals to the station directly. this only happens if your a new player and don't know how to use the auction house, or the economy crashes on a mineral down to a set price and its more profitable to sell to the station rather then auction house.... that is it? wow

with this , why dose it $cost$ me money to build on MY station... its my hardware, I own the equipment. it would make better since if building at stations you own, building ships was free of $cost$...

ChaosRifle

Veteran endo
there is more very expensive station modules coming to game
Atmo pumps on stations provide passive resources, even when logged off. Atmo pumps are THE reason to build stations, they are just not implemented yet. They are meant to be a later game device. Some locations are said to be better than others, so people will want to fight over the best spots, is the claim.

Foraven

Veteran endo
but the bigger problem is , how is money getting into the economy? all I'm seeing is money is created when you sell minerals to the station directly. this only happens if your a new player and don't know how to use the auction house, or the economy crashes on a mineral down to a set price and its more profitable to sell to the station rather then auction house.... that is it? wow

This not "only happen" when the economy crash. People haul whole asteroids to be sold to the station. Sure they could potentially make more money mining and selling to the auction house, but hauling is quick money while AH can take time, sometimes a long time. Players who want to make money fast don't care that much about maximizing profit, just maximizing the output for the time spent.

with this , why dose it $cost$ me money to build on MY station... its my hardware, I own the equipment. it would make better since if building at stations you own, building ships was free of $cost$...
The game is unfinished, lots of mechanics are still placeholder. It won't stay that way once the devs get back to finishing it.