Why is Lunar mining not working?

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
I noticed that some places on the moon are not mined. What is the reason for this? And will it be fixed?

Askannon

Veteran endo
has the moon mining been fixed yet, or is it still broken?
They managed to intentionally break and fix their internal servers (according to some dev comments in the steam discussions).
We will see if that translates over to live in the next few days.

Last edited:

MrFaul

Well-known endo
Well you'll have to wait for next week then.
If it isn't something new at least steps to get it working again are now documented.
Just needs a dev to restart/boot the moon servers.

Askannon

Veteran endo
Essentially they now know how to restore their server infrastructure, next they want to know why it's failing, so if you happen to mine and suddenly it is not working (despite you not moving away) please be kind and share what you were doing, so they can make the servers more robust.

shado20

Veteran endo
well moon mining is working again, but the moon station support leg modules are not, or at least I'm getting not inside support leg area while trying to build on top of any/all support legs. i try to replace the support leg and this dos not work and some times after replacing it, logging out and back in it will delete my support leg :(
put in a ticket on this at the same time the moon mining broke last time and the mining is working again , but the moon stations is completely unusable, and I would like to dock up my moon mining ships, I don't need them getting yeeted off into the abyss just yet...
anyone else having this trouble or an solution for this?

shado20

Veteran endo
the moon station support leg modules
update on this problem i was having.
loged in last night and as still having this problem, could not place anything on the moon station. so i ran 3k to someones station just to look, it was 3k away... when i ran back to my moon station, it started to work! i was able to build again, so loging off and back on was not enough to unload and reload my station to fix it?!?!?

Askannon

Veteran endo
update on this problem i was having.
loged in last night and as still having this problem, could not place anything on the moon station. so i ran 3k to someones station just to look, it was 3k away... when i ran back to my moon station, it started to work! i was able to build again, so loging off and back on was not enough to unload and reload my station to fix it?!?!?
It could either be that the station needed to be loaded from its low level of detail state to correctly work
or
it was an issue with building permissions and leaving and entering the safezone caused the server to update you