Can no longer select or move objects in group edit

I was hosting a group edit in the spaceship designer when my friend could all of the sudden not select or move anything. We then stared another ship with him as host and thing were fine till it happen to me out of nowhere.
-both him and I have restarted are games
-I have lock and unlock all of the folders to see if it was that
-after trying again 30mins later i can now select things normally
if anyone has any ideas on what cause and/or fix to this would be It would be very helpful.

Last edited:

Eagle

Active endo
We are doing pair-designing in our company and faced that issue too (frequently).

This workaround usually solves it:
1. - Exit the designer.
2. - Leave the group.
3. - Exit the game and start it again.
4. - Create the group again and invite your friend.
5. - Open the designer, wait until the host has loaded the design and then instruct your friend to join.

We are not 100% sure but think that the step 2 (leave the group) is the key to solve it. Perhaps the game is caching information or something on the group (?). Anyway, this game has too many bugs to understand them all.

We are also facing problems with the bolts, sometimes someone is putting bolts but the other person is not seeing them and the changes are not applied to the host blueprint. Quite estrange... Be careful with that too!

Hope it helps!

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to share that my friend and I discovered if you go into Test Mode and come back out, it fixes the issue.
Based on our testing, one of the things that causes it is using the multi user UNDO. It was so consistent that if we had to UNDO, we just hopped into test mode real quick and we've never had the issue again.
( If this is an old trick everyone knows now then I'm sorry, I just started playing the game and am having an amazing time so wanted to share )

Askannon

Veteran endo
If this is an old trick everyone knows now then I'm sorry, I just started playing the game and am having an amazing time so wanted to share
Don't be sorry for sharing knowledge ^^
And although it is something I know already and assume those in my group to know too, it's not knowledge that tends to be spread.
Especially considering that it only occurs in group design and is probably only remembered when it happens due to the little, if annoying, impact it has.