Ship shops update

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
Hi FB,

I was very pleased to hear that you are starting development again. A little sad, however, at how out-of-date the ships in our Vintage ship shop are. We would very much like to update them. Is this going to be possible, or are you planning to replace the ship shops with... something else?

Ideally, I think trusted player ship-shop representatives would be able to manage the ship shop content on FB's behalf, perhaps with overview from FB to prevent inappropriate content, but I realise this is probably a lot of work and not FB's highest priority. It would make a lot of sense though, as essentially FB would gain a large collection of free content creation! ;)

Thanks,
-Mut.

Last edited:

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
It seems to me that in the future developers need to abandon the current system of buying and selling a ship. You can make a neat list of ships, divided into categories. The player comes to a huge hangar. He's looking for the ship he needs. Presses the button. The ship is loading and he is watching it. Maybe read about him, maybe run around. Like now. I don't know why to make such a huge number of different stores. Player ships can also be made according to the same principle. However, when the nations came out, it was possible to make shops of these nations at the stations of nations

Colonkin

Well-known endo
It seems to me that in the future developers need to abandon the current system of buying and selling a ship. You can make a neat list of ships, divided into categories. The player comes to a huge hangar. He's looking for the ship he needs. Presses the button. The ship is loading and he is watching it. Maybe read about him, maybe run around. Like now. I don't know why to make such a huge number of different stores. Player ships can also be made according to the same principle. However, when the nations came out, it was possible to make shops of these nations at the stations of nations
Moreover. Almost all mechanics are in the game (except for rent).
In the ship properties there is a field for both description and pictures. The cost is displayed. And the list of ships is already in the hangar terminal. You just need to combine and correctly distribute into categories.

The ship will immediately be loaded into the hangar and can be inspected and, if desired, made a test flight.

Kenetor

Master endo
Hi FB,

I was very pleased to hear that you are starting development again. A little sad, however, at how out-of-date the ships in our Vintage ship shop are. We would very much like to update them. Is this going to be possible, or are you planning to replace the ship shops with... something else?

Ideally, I think trusted player ship-shop representatives would be able to manage the ship shop content on FB's behalf, perhaps with overview from FB to prevent inappropriate content, but I realise this is probably a lot of work and not FB's highest priority. It would make a lot of sense though, as essentially FB would gain a large collection of free content creation! ;)

Thanks,
-Mut.
They cant, they have made too many changes in the dev build already, as any update to the shops requires an update to the whole game, i already offered to help in this regard.

They cant update the game due to it breining all the new changes which are most likely unfinished. and while they could take an older build and update that, im sure its not so simple as we think when you facotr in version control and anything else that links into the dev branch.
Sadly like everything else we will just have to wait.

Idealy it should have been set up similar to how the old plots work, you rent/apply for a slot, once given the plot comes with a ship placement and pricing tool and a selection of building designs to choose from. and then they just have someone check the shops every now and then or rely on player submissions for tracking abuse/anything inappropriate.

I hae offered to help in a great many ways, (since i am a 3d artisdt as well) sadly ive been mostly ignored.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
Idealy it should have been set up similar to how the old plots work, you rent/apply for a slot, once given the plot comes with a ship placement and pricing tool and a selection of building designs to choose from. and then they just have someone check the shops every now and then or rely on player submissions for tracking abuse/anything inappropriate.
Yeah, that's a good idea, I think that would work nicely. It would also allow sales within that lot to be attributed to the lot owner so that the ship designer could be awarded some in-game compensation for the hours of design they put in, which I'm sure many ship designers would be very grateful of!