add Recip for refill NOT Empty TANK or Fuel ROd

Womble

Veteran endo
I agree it's annoying. I've found that if you pick up and put down the fuel rod in a generator with a non-zero ratelimit, it will, after a few goes, drain that last unit or fraction of a unit.

For fuel rods it is possible to drain value 1. Work around is to remove it from generator and put it back and start generator to max. It works probably because generator drain increase in time from start.
But I can't do it with Propellant Tank, it stuck at 0.1. Remove and put it back do not help...

I'm all for refueling the rods that are not completely empty, just when I see fit to refuel them. Hope they can implement that. For better quality of life really

Womble

Veteran endo
What I want is a way to tell whether a Fuel Rod is full, partially empty or completely empty without having to select and inspect each rod. Just sorting them by "remaining fuel" in the inventory would be a start; at least then I can grab empty ones from the 'bottom of the list'...

What I want is a way to tell whether a Fuel Rod is full, partially empty or completely empty without having to select and inspect each rod. Just sorting them by "remaining fuel" in the inventory would be a start; at least then I can grab empty ones from the 'bottom of the list'...
Then your rod is in inventory you can check
1630124419767.png

Then rod is empty this line is gone same for propellant tank

When you are FAr way any Station The Only Think to refill some Tank or Rod its to Craft it . i Seek a solution to not loose your Ship Because you are Empty .
Ex: you have Ice ore in your Invetory and With Tool Or other think you Can REfill Tank or Rod in Safe .

You can attach work bench and needed materials (exorium and ice) to ship be able to refill empty rod or tank. Problem appear when rod or tank not fully drained...

Womble

Veteran endo
Then your rod is in inventory you can check View attachment 2996
Then rod is empty this line is gone same for propellant tank
I know that. If you read what you quoted, I ask for a way of identifying the empties without having to mouseover and hunt for a single line.

It wouldn't be so much of a problem if "empty" meant "empty"; I could just open the crafting i/f and make the refills, but it doesn't, and you have to frack about with finding the "not-quite-empty" ones and emptying them.

Vorg

Well-known endo
I haven't checked, but the coolant modules have a priority field so they use one, then the next and so on. If that could be on rods and tanks, you could fill tanks and rods selectivly as they empty. For the rods, you need an extra generator part which could be wasteful. The tanks aren't really setup to remove are they? do the pipes connect to the tank or the holder? Might have a system were you craft/fill a tank that you use to fill the system. Then you could fill in blocks solving rounding problems with partial fills.

Womble

Veteran endo
I haven't checked, but the coolant modules have a priority field so they use one, then the next and so on. If that could be on rods and tanks, you could fill tanks and rods selectivly as they empty.
Even if that's possible, I wouldn't trust the demand to actually empty a tank/rod before moving on to the next one. If "less than the minimum the load feels like using" is "empty" now, it'd be "empty" for the case of "do I use the next tank yet?"

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Thank you! Speaking of patches, when is the factory hall going to be fixed? Or at least put an in game warning to not use factory halls.
A substantial fix to factory halls is now live on PTU, with quite a few also substantial station fixes. They should fix most issues we are aware of, but of course we don't know how many other hidden issues there are. And ofc our fixes may just fail (hence PTU).

But I'd suggets to test them out on PTU, the faster any issues are discovered the faster we can fix them.

100% this is an annoying one. I just spent 4.5hours heading to my station and when the tank ran out I went to refill it... sorry, not empty! It has .011 fuel left, not enough for a maneuvering thruster to burn off and too much to be considered empty. I am now wasting another 6 hours to walk(drift) to my station 54k away.
It is a pain in the arse because I planned ahead to refuel on the way. I made sure I was bringing enough ICE and Exorium to refuel along the way. So much for that, it is Tom and Jerry for me the next 6 hours lol.