【Discuss】Politics in the game

MAXD

Veteran endo
Woo hoo !
Long novel !
我觉得正经的集团还是要有的,虽然看着各种规定很烦。
但是沙盒游戏毫无限制反而很无聊缺乏内容,而且散着瞎玩肯定没正经集团发展对战好玩。
这就增加了游戏的乐趣,反正我们也不干扰别人不想抱团的。
We won't rule anyone else, we just make rules for ourselves.
I think it's important to plan what I do in the game and I do things not only for fun, but also for others in my faction.
That's good I thought. At least I feel responsible in a faction but not alone.

Burnside

Master endo
Politics is just the interactions between two parties to overcome disputes, divide resources, or defend the group. It's not quite international geo-politics, sure, but groups inside of MMOs frequently meet or exceed the basic criteria of simple social and political units- more like tribes and clans, yeah, but still definitely politics.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
groups inside of MMOs frequently meet or exceed the basic criteria of simple social and political units- more like tribes and clans
I'd say players often construct things more closely resembling corporation hierarchy when put into larger groups, then they have the tribes while at smaller population sizes. Since you often see distinct "jobs" in the larger groups, while the smaller ones are often more free-flowing.

Venombrew

Master endo
Interesting. I doubt if factions in game are actually all gonna play serious politics tho. And your results might be somewhat skewed.
agree,we are players not politicians with a lot of conspiracies.
i dont know man, if you watch the interviews for all the large companies looking to rival the two main factions, a lot of politics, espionage, cut throw deals, and shaky alliances all in attempt to make the best weapons, ships, largest stations and to control as much territory as possible. Your small crews not so much, but these large corps with 100s of players, i totally see politics and social standards being a big deal. Even in the main two factions that are ran with dev players and regular players. It seems elections for higher roles in their faction will be a thing. I do believe its even stated in the Kingdom mission statement on discord for recruitment. So those loving RP may find a lot of what their looking for in the Empire and Kingdom.

Venombrew

Master endo
If your curious about how things like this with player base factions are going to be like, look up their interview videos on youtube. Type in Luna Corp or Hivemind and add interview tag with it, one video lead you to the next. You pretty much get in detail what these large factions have planned when the game goes live. Think of it as educational, possible future plans for the factions with the numbers to back up what they want to do.

For one example, those looking to be pirates gives them a detailed list on how these large groups plan on establishing themselves and in what manners. Station plans, materials dedicated to RnD departments, goals towards arms race, and even fully stocked warehouse for their development teams. Ideal stuff if a group of players looking to pull a heist or hit a known cargo line across space.

Another example is a heads up to players looking to become career miners, techs, engineers, transportation(cargo runs), military. They looking for people to join and those unsure of where they can start could help them out a lot.

Venombrew

Master endo
you know whats funny tho Moon? A few of the big ones said they willing to work together for the time being to get to the moon. Wonder how long that alliance will last when it comes time to setup shop on the moon? Will they share it or turn on each other?

Venombrew

Master endo
To get to the moon will be a straight forward process. From the starting space station all factions regardless of alliances looking to make it to the moon, including the empire and kingdom will have to build space stations so far out every so many distances one after the other until they have a good jumping off point to make it. Each one of these that will be built will be considered city like with functions to prepare for the next space station(storing material, building station parts, and shipping them to new location). Now not all factions will be working together and some will want to be the first to make it, so you can count on many stations from different factions stretching out in the same direction. Those who think they are gonna beat everyone else to the moon in the first few weeks to a month will find it much harder than they think. Got to keep in mind once the moon landing is accomplished those traveling will also need to bring with them the basic parts and material needed to put up a new station on the moon.

In that time a lot of shit is gonna go down.

EDIT: Also, some people who may accomplish a long forever run that takes days of stopping and refueling to get to the moon first, probably won't be a lot of people. So that means if a small group does manage to get their first without material or parts, they may just be sitting. Even if they do get up a station, well the rest of us population will still be a good distance away. So unless they got a lot of people with them to contribute they may be limited to what they can do.

I mostly agree. However I feel like the feat of landing on the moon first would be at least partially a publicity stunt meant to attract more people into the faction, so even if they do nothing on the moon it's still quite impactful.
Makes sense and the faction will grow this way.

Venombrew

Master endo
Also because of this going on, there will be tons of work to go around. Empire and Kingdom already started recruiting not faction or company people, but other companies looking to earn some credits through shipment of parts, station parts, etc. Look for that info on other jobs through the Discord's Community-Ads channel in the starbase channel.

MoonSet416

Well-known endo
Bruh just play the game like normal already. Wars are gonna happen and they are a lot of fun (in video games only ofc).

Will see how this whole thing plays out, hopefully it will be a fun ride.