A few questions about factions

Hello everyone! I first came into this game because of its high freedom and faction settings. I have a few questions about factions and hope to get answers and your opinions:
1. What do you think of factions?
2. Do you think factions should be a country? the company? Or another organization?
3. What made you join your current faction? (If you have joined a faction)
4. In the management of factions, what is the opinion between democratic decision-making and order?
5. Do you think that the establishment of factions needs to refer to political science in reality?
6. How should diplomatic work between factions be carried out?
7. Is it necessary to have separate armies between each faction? Or is it possible for factions to trust each other to form a large alliance?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments and let us solve them together!

Cavilier210

Master endo
1. Every faction is different. So, hard to actually answer. Mine is obviously the best faction.

2. Factions are whatever you want to define it as. I would say it would be the highest ranking powerful structure in your relations.

3. Its a great group that I've played with for over a year. 100 something people all just having fun together in various games while having similar interests and worldview from all across the world.

4. Ultimately democracy is a crappy system. We don't use it, we have a republic, as do most factions that bother with having elections. Most people don't have other peoples interests in mind, which is fine, but I don't want them having a say in everything that happens.

5. lol, political science is a misnomer. It doesn't follow any basics of science, and repeatedly shows that its too nuanced a study with too many variables to be even remotely consistently predictable. I don't have time for political machinations trying to gain power over others. We are here to have fun. If we're not, we'll leave. Plain and simple. Fun thing about game factions is you get to see the power of secession in action, and its wonderful.

6. That should be decided between the factions involved. Its no one else's business.

7. Decentralization of forces and assets is beneficial to any group for defense. It also makes it a pain the ass for an enemy to decisively win against. So, why hand over power to an alliance?

So what's the best clan? Tell me who's No.1....Well, I hope everyclan can have a good game time

Verbatos

Veteran endo
if you're asking the forums, everyone is going to say their clan/company is the best.

btw my company is the best, we don't have many employees (3) but there's always room for more! : )

Otac

Well-known endo
if you're asking the forums, everyone is going to say their clan/company is the best.

btw my company is the best, we don't have many employees (3) but there's always room for more! : )
what's your clan?
may be we can be ally to be family

Burnside

Master endo
My opinions mostly mirror Cavilier's, so I'll be concise about my motivations. The Advanced Research Group is meant to be an R&D firm first and a political entity second, we're here to make, sell, and improve cool stuff and see people use it to build awesome architecture, have awesome fights, and blow stuff up. That said I have no tolerance for groups that engage in negative behaviors for the sake of exerting control and dominance past what is needed to secure territory or resources- excessive behaviors destroy fun, we're all here to enjoy ourselves, not be manipulated or coerced by some tinpot dictator who couldn't lead a reading group outside of the game. There's near-infinite ways to play games, doing it to sate a narcissistic power-fantasy is probably one of the worst. That's about as far as I apply ethics and political science to in-game politics.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
what's your clan?
may be we can be ally to be family
I'd be happy to ally, which group are you in?
My group is the Vulture scrapping and repair company, I got one big fat obnoxious ad in my signature, it should be right...

\/ \/ \/ \/ here \/ \/ \/ \/

Otac

Well-known endo
I'd be happy to ally, which group are you in?
My group is the Vulture scrapping and repair company, I got one big fat obnoxious ad in my signature, it should be right...

\/ \/ \/ \/ here \/ \/ \/ \/
ok man i'm in

Humanbeing are social animals. I dont think anyone could play all alone and still be so bloody happy. I will focus on building a stable order.