Beacons/Waypoints

I'd love to be able to place down beacons/waypoints. Unfortunately it seems that so far, the only way to do so is by setting up a station or by leaving a ship with its transponder on... Both not optimal solutions. My proposal is this: allow for beacons that are fairly easily craftable. Features:
Build Limit: 100
Must be at least 20km away from your next beacon.
Inventory size: 30 slots to stack fuel
Fuel: 3 tiers, starting with Nhurgite. Each tier keeps the beacon active for longer (Nhurgite: 3 days per stack (90 days max), Exorium: 6 days per stack (180 days max), XYZ, e.g. Lukium: 10 days per stack (300 days max)). A message will be sent to the owner 7 days before the beacon will run out of fuel. If it runs out, it will be decomissioned and salvageable. It can be claimed and reactivated by anyone. If it isn't reclaimed within 14 days, the dead beacon despawns.
Permissions: like stations

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Then the game needs the mechanics of tracking other people's beacons. Scan space and get data on the exact location of the beacon, the name of its owner, the date of installation and the end date of work. All Tracked beacons should be visible to the player who tracked them.
This will allow to look for other players to play with them.

Then the game needs the mechanics of tracking other people's beacons. Scan space and get data on the exact location of the beacon, the name of its owner, the date of installation and the end date of work. All Tracked beacons should be visible to the player who tracked them.
This will allow to look for other players to play with them.
i completely agree we need to be able to track people we also need a way to counter tracking also.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
i completely agree we need to be able to track people we also need a way to counter tracking also.
It should be something difficult, not "passive sensors + 20 liters of beer". Players who are better able to design ships should have an advantage