Black Box Debris spreading prevention System?

Idk what you do about preventing debris from floating off where no one goes to claim it but I thought if there was like a black box that had a tiny gravitational field that attracted all that is left of a ship. I just thought it would be really cool. Then collect the ball of clutter that used to be a ship in an easy and convenient method. you could then scrap it for the resources like a really expensive asteroid.

Idk what you do about preventing debris from floating off where no one goes to claim it but I thought if there was like a black box that had a tiny gravitational field that attracted all that is left of a ship. I just thought it would be really cool. Then collect the ball of clutter that used to be a ship in an easy and convenient method. you could then scrap it for the resources like a really expensive asteroid.
Like a janitor box, to clean up already carved out asteroids and ships. From what I've heard in the official discord their is daily clean up after a certain amount of time. I enjoy the idea, except I feel that it can be abused in a way. Shoot a whole in a door of someones ship have it labeled as junk then use the black box to infiltrate while in the safe zone.

the idea being the black box linked to the original creator's ID for various warnings ie: theft, system failures, lost ship beacon, flight path data. last known cargo manifest as well.

XenoCow

Master endo
Stuff doesn't float off for long. The near-Eos-space-drag takes care of that. Also, debris being cleaned up automatically is based on the size of the object. Some things could be there for months:
LauriFB (02/17/2020): ships depending on size can despawn if left out in the open. though this timer is huge and some ships can stay behind for 6 months. timer is reset once a player renders the ship.
- Wiki FAQ

Amos.37

Veteran endo
As XenoCow said, small debris disappear a few seconds-minutes after people leave the area.
Large pieces and derelicts hang around for a significant amount of time.

Currently there is a recovery system for ships, where you pay a fee and all that is left of the ship (including broken off parts) is brought back to the station. I don't know if the recovery system will stay around indefinitely though, and haven't tested what happens if you recover a ship while it is in another players render distance.