Bought a Marmot-Mn, trying to modify it. Thoughts?

Hello,

I need to make modifications in the marmot-mn. I try to add another mining laser and more crates.

Any hint how to achieve this?

My steps will start by:

1. Avoid Easy Builder
2. Create the crates and bold them simetrically
3. Perhaps I'll need to put 4 or 6 batteries more
4. Optional: more thrusters for speed.

Well, I don't have experience with modding. How think I must start?

Jakaal

Active endo
I will just say, that for anything bought from the store that isn't a dev ship, don't ever take it outside the SZ. Because you cannot save your work and will have to do it all again if it gets lost or destroyed since you cannot save any changes to the BP.

Foraven

Veteran endo
I am personally sad they removed the option of getting normal ships into the easy builder, that's how I updated their blueprints.

I started easy on mine, bolted, crafting table on top so can refill rods / propellant if needed (could keep it in inventory, but was easier on ship as often transferred it to station storage then realized when needed to refuel.)

I added some extra yolol racks inside the ship (backed onto the ones already installed, so could have few extra chips),
changed the dashboard around more for how I preferred access and extra panels and switches etc.

I also welded some extra beams from front to back (just on top, used ore cubes to set spacing) so could bolt ore cubes to them if over filled internal storage, as found often had lots of issues bolting lots of cubes on top. Think had gone up to 36 extras but ship is very slow with that many bolted to the outside.

The MN is already upgraded with lots of extra Gens/Batteries and T2 equipment.
I did try bolt extra engines to it but never got them working due to issues getting hardpoints and beams to mount them.

The MN is a very good ship though by default and not sure worth trying to upgrade as can use those assets to get a bigger ship later.