Box thruster not firing?

Hi all.

I'm modifying the Labourer ship and now have six box thrusters. The extra two outside bottom thrusters work fine but the extra two outside top thrusters are not firing. They are a mirrored version of the bottom including the bolt connections, duct connections and beam support (each thruster device hardpoint has two bolts connecting it to a steel frame and the thruster itself) and there are no durability errors.

Any ideas please?

Attachments

Last edited:

Eagle

Active endo
It seems that you are not connecting the thrusters to the duct. The duct is the network transferring electricity and fuel to the thrusters, but you need to create a cable and a pipe from the duct to the thruster.

It should be more or less like this. See attached image.

Let me know if it works with this hint!

thrusters.JPG

Hi there. Thanks for the reply. While I have not set it up again with all four extra just yet to keep the ship light, I can confirm that the duct supplies the propellant and electricity to the lower thruster without needing extra wiring or piping and the wiki confirms this ability.

Attachments

Eagle

Active endo
You are absolutely right! I tried it sometime in the past and it did not work. Great to know that it is working fine!

Hope you find the solution to the original problem.

I have installed a top thruster again and here you can see that the pipe/cable does not make any difference; the bottom thruster works fine with just ducting whereas the top thruster does not.

Attachments

After doing a bit of research on diagnosing a working ship it turns out that I had incorrect/conflicting thruster names so the Main Flight Computer could not operate them properly. Now that they all have unique names they all work. Thanks for your time Eagle!