building in space almost impossible.

shado20

Veteran endo
so after i reinstalled the game and tried to play yesterday i had some problems that i don't know if its just me or what.

when placing items in space out of inventory, i snap it to the ship and let go to bolt it. the item starts to move off the spot. same with putting in fuel rods in the holding rack and the fuel chambers , the item snaps in, then i let go and it starts to move, sometimes going threw the ship. it makes it very hard to slap on some heatsinks to the ship , and to change fuel rods.

another problem i was having was, did the yolo cards run faster, or is there a delay on starting up a mining laser now? was trying to pulse a mining laser in the ship editor and was only getting a blip from the lasers rather than a solid on and off from the same ship design from months ago.

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
when placing items in space out of inventory, i snap it to the ship and let go to bolt it. the item starts to move off the spot. same with putting in fuel rods in the holding rack and the fuel chambers , the item snaps in, then i let go and it starts to move, sometimes going threw the ship. it makes it very hard to slap on some heatsinks to the ship , and to change fuel rods.
This can only happen in presence of gravity, because individual items have much lower inertia than whole ships, so they will accelerate towards the source of the gravity fast. Otherwise it can happen when you're trying to do anything while your ship itself is moving, and of course when you drop items in space, they do not gain any momentum from you or your ship.

For items that are expected to snap-and-stick like fuel rods, you can position them by first moving one into a toolbar, which allow you to position and snap the item into place without ever letting it loose, although snapping might be delayed especially for larger ships. In conditions of the moon gravity, its best to avoid any meddling with parts outside of anti-gravity zones (city landing zones and moon base safe-zones), but if you have to, the best bet is to enter into hover mode, where items would be able to "associate" themselves with the ship and ignore the gravity after several seconds. And yeah, doing repairs or replacements on the move will never work.

another problem i was having was, did the yolo cards run faster, or is there a delay on starting up a mining laser now? was trying to pulse a mining laser in the ship editor and was only getting a blip from the lasers rather than a solid on and off from the same ship design from months ago.
Depends on the system at play. For example, if your YOLOL commands the lasers to turn on, but there's also a Hybrid Button with the ButtonStyle 0 (i.e. hold to use), then that button will make a very short pulse. I really can't tell what have changed in the game, but you'd need to look how the system actually operate to know what's going on, rather than trying to find what causes the difference in behavior.

Foraven

Veteran endo
Pulsing lasers no longer works, the devs fixed the quirk that allowed it in the first place.

shado20

Veteran endo
This can only happen in presence of gravity,.
to add i spawned the ship in the ssc at station 25. not moving, no gravity...
items just start moving when next to stationary ship .

so i take it that no one else is seeing this? mite need to make a ticket on this if it keeps happening.

Vexus

Master endo
items just start moving when next to stationary ship .
You may have the same keybindings for releasing an object and some other action like rotation. I experienced this problem when I bound "pick up" to the same key as something else. I forget what it was. But objects would spin every time I released something. Double check your keybinds.

shado20

Veteran endo
You may have the same keybindings for releasing an object and some other action like rotation. I experienced this problem when I bound "pick up" to the same key as something else. I forget what it was. But objects would spin every time I released something. Double check your keybinds.
thank you for the reply but everything is standard settings, i most of the time play with default setting so i can help out my other gaming friends as to what button dose what.

it must be my ship. i was working on a different ship and did not have this problem. but the ship i'm on having this problem with also spawns on it side from when i made it. sometimes it will bounce around in the ssc if i spawn it in there.