Building Tool is too buggy. Please read this.

Eagle

Active endo
I am suffering a lot with the Building Tool to repair or replace missing parts. Sometimes it repairs a part only partially and then suddenly stops. Or it is not able to replace a part showing in green even when there is nothing blocking it. I have materials enough. This is very annoying because I think to repair ships and keep them in a good condition is fundamental in this game. But it is actually almost impossible with these bugs.

This absolutely ruins the game and ship-keeping experience. What is the solution? To assemble a new ship each time my ship suffer a minimum damage or do a botched job because the tool it is not working fine to make the ship work again?

The Building Tool is critical, and this bug is annoying. If anyone found any workaround please let us know. If not: Developers, please, take a look at this.

I would like also to share here some answers I got from the community from the Discord channel (thanks friends for trying to help).

Try every possible angle , i found that it repairs fully when tool is not aiming at any other parts , or damaged parts
That does not make sense. Almost all parts in a ship are interconnected with each other. I can point to the damaged part, but that part could be placed over a table or something like that. Ducts for example is similar. I had to repair several ducts yesterday and for some reason, some duct could have been replaced but others not. Depending on the ship, it is not possible to find the impossible/magical angle to repair the piece. Developers should check this.

Example:

building-tool-bug.JPG

Here the building tool started to build a missing part, in the middle of the process it suddenly stopped and it did not repair that part anymore, even having enough materials to do it and showing it in green.

I could provide tens of examples with many different parts, this is not affecting only specific parts. I had this problems with ducts, thrusters, plates, devices... And it does not make sense because even in symmetrical ships, sometimes I can repair a part on the right side but not the same part on the left part.

Sorry for this post but I had to report this. Ships should not be throwaway because of this bug.

Thanks to anyone reading this!

Eagle

Active endo
This problem still happening. One of the most important things on this game: repair your ship, still bugged because the Building Tool sometimes is not building missing parts even if you have the materials and there is nothing blocking that part.

Are developers aware of this? Is this on your backlog or planned to be solved? I did not find it on the "Known Issues" channel.

Is the feedback sent by the community through this forum being taken into account? Many people are investing time here trying to help, suggest, report bugs and giving feedback through these channels, and I am wondering if we are being listened because almost any post has answers.

Anyhow, I want to thank the developers for their involvement and work, which is being great. If there is something we can do to help, make it transparent to the community and I am sure we would be happy to help.

You can see another example of the problem I am reporting here.

building-tool-bug2.jpg

Eagle

Active endo
GREAT NEWS HERE! The last patch solved this issue. I had parts of my ship missing for days/weeks, but now I can repair them. I will post here if I find any new problem related to this topic, but it seems it is solved now.

All my company is also very grateful and happy with this.

Thank you for the great job!