Can we draw the pattern of holographic collimator by ourselves?

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Actually, the Lictor only has 28 autocannons in terms of firepower. It might be powerful at the starting month of the game I think it will only be considered fighter class firepower later on. A real heavy gunship will have full Onisium armor and a max number of 30 railguns. That would likely be much more expensive.
Each autocannon will eat 1500 energy per second when local power is drained, which happens after like 5 seconds of firing. That means to continue firing, you'd need 1.5 generator cores per each continuously firing weapon. That means if you think that 28 autocannons will end up being fighter class firepower, your fighters will need at the very least 45 (42 for weapons, 3 for moving this chonker) reactor cores. Each reactor core being 1x1x1 meters, or 1 cubic meter in volume, you'd need a generator of over 45 cubic meters to support your fighter-class ship. Now that's not even counting the fuel rods, coolant racks, socket boards and enhancer modules. In conclusion of my wonderful calculus-level mathematics, 28 autocannons is far from being able to fit in a fighter.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Each autocannon will eat 1500 energy per second when local power is drained, which happens after like 5 seconds of firing. That means to continue firing, you'd need 1.5 generator cores per each continuously firing weapon. That means if you think that 28 autocannons will end up being fighter class firepower, your fighters will need at the very least 45 (42 for weapons, 3 for moving this chonker) reactor cores. Each reactor core being 1x1x1 meters, or 1 cubic meter in volume, you'd need a generator of over 45 cubic meters to support your fighter-class ship. Now that's not even counting the fuel rods, coolant racks, socket boards and enhancer modules. In conclusion of my wonderful calculus-level mathematics, 28 autocannons is far from being able to fit in a fighter.

You forgot about batteries.

Continuous shooting is not the target, but the result.

We don't need these guns to shoot at the same time, so the fire continuity is too low.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Okay, sure! Batteries then. Half a cubic meter of space, 10000 energy stored. What's that round up to? uhh... like 8 seconds of firing per batter per cannon? I guess that's enough for you if you don't wanna fire them for too long.

Oh and the argument "You don't have to fire them at the same time" is purely silly, because why would you even have them strapped to the ship if you're not firing? Two guns shooting interchangeably put out the same dps as one gun firing all the time, but takes up twice as much space. And a fighter is all about space effeciency.

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Okay, sure! Batteries then. Half a cubic meter of space, 10000 energy stored. What's that round up to? uhh... like 8 seconds of firing per batter per cannon? I guess that's enough for you if you don't wanna fire them for too long.

Oh and the argument "You don't have to fire them at the same time" is purely silly, because why would you even have them strapped to the ship if you're not firing? Two guns shooting interchangeably put out the same dps as one gun firing all the time, but takes up twice as much space. And a fighter is all about space effeciency.
One autocannon clip is 500 shots using 150 power each, meaning 7.5 batteries needed per autocannon. 4 or 6 batteries stacked together approximate the size of 1 reactor. It is not that big, just a block under each autocannon.

FranklinZ

Well-known endo

You only have about 1 minute of firing time with 1 clip anyways. Any time you are not firing will be a waste of reactor output if you don't use batteries.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
One autocannon clip is 500 shots using 150 power each, meaning 7.5 batteries needed per autocannon. 4 or 6 batteries stacked together approximate the size of 1 reactor. It is not that big, just a block under each autocannon.
Each autocannon clip eats 500 of cannon's local energy. The ratio from ship energy into local energy is 3:1, meaning a clip of an AC takes 1500 ship energy. Each battery stores 10000. You'll drain them fast, and batteries aren't as small as you'd think; They're about half the size of one reactor core.

Where is this info from? I'm in CA.

FranklinZ

Well-known endo
Each autocannon clip eats 500 of cannon's local energy. The ratio from ship energy into local energy is 3:1, meaning a clip of an AC takes 1500 ship energy. Each battery stores 10000. You'll drain them fast, and batteries aren't as small as you'd think; They're about half the size of one reactor core.

Where is this info from? I'm in CA.
I got it from the wiki and progress reports, but I guessed the size of the battery. Welp you have better info in CA so I guess you win the battery argument, but I still insist that a ship with just auto cannons should be classed as a fighter.

Brushes

Well-known endo
Typically ships are classified based on size and role. Though it may have less capable weapons, it has a lot, making it quite a bit larger than the current "fighter." This suggests to me that its a gunship... Which is its current classification.

Last edited: