Can you power moving ship sections?

Amos.37

Veteran endo
I had a thought for a battleship style turret set up (I know turrets are a hot debate issue at the moment with tripods and what not), but the design relies on being able to power parts beyond a turntable (also relies on a turntable being able to support a fairly heavy structure).

The question, in a nutshell, is: Is it possible to power movable parts?
As in, if I put a device on a hinged plate, could I run power to it in any way?

Currently the only way I can think of doing this would be a separate power grid on the moving section (batteries and such).

If there is no currently feasible way to run power moving parts, is that a planned feature for the future?

CalenLoki

Master endo
Yes.

There are multiple ways:
  1. If you plan to use advanced cradle, put inverted hardpoint on the side mount. From there get cables and pipes.
  2. Both advanced and simple cradle, as well as fixed mount B and rotating mount B fit pilot chair stand. You can pull wire from the socket
  3. If you have roof over your turret (casemate) two hardpoint above turntable, in line with rotation axle, one static one rotating, will connect as long as their middle points match
  4. Progress bars, modular pilot table, ect. Connect when their connection points match. You can make static circle of progress bars around the turret, and a "brush" progress bar that rotates in a way to always touch the ring. Of course you need panel bases on both sides.
  5. Same as 4, but with cables. Trickier to set up, but cheaper.
Turntables and hinges are rather weak, but you can stack multiple of them together to increase torque.
To increase structural integrity, just spam bolts as always.